The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Unfortunately there's just no way anything happens to this awful coaching staff. Less so Green, despite his flaws. More so the just horrific assistants. They got extensions this season lol. That's the EASIEST change. If you aren't willing to part with Green at this point, then give new assistants. The special teams and defensive zone coverage are both nonexistent. Something needs to change. This team has played awful hockey in the defensive zone and special teams working on 7 weeks straight. 

Also, why in the hell does Jake not get a single f'n shift in the last 3 minutes of the game with the goalie pulled. The guy is CLEARLY playing the best hockey of his career. The first line was dangerous tonight with him. He was making good offensive plays in the offensive zone...he scored in 2 straight games prior to this...and yet..he's benched. Not even when the "2nd unit" of 6 on 5 hockey came out, did Jake get on the ice.

It's just strictly stupid. No matter how well he plays he never gets an opportunity in those situations. 

PP1 no goals in 6 games. So many PPs that could've made a huge difference in the outcome of the game and more often than not it's either A or B. 

A: Have good possession and passing but unable to generate any real chances

B: Unable to gain entry into zone or setup after doing so, 2nd unit comes out and replicates. 

It's just been a complete backbreaker, the PP the last 6. 

And he were are again with the feeling of hope being lost all over. Super fun stuff.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dats hockey said:

This a joke? Have you seen him working with more offensive talented people that lack the defensive side of the game?

I've seen him give chances to the more offensive guys like Gaudette and be burned by it time and time again.  

Did you watch the game against Pittsburgh?  Did you watch the last 10 games?  It's been Adam Gaudette getting owned in our own zone.  I'm okay with it because I like his potential, 2 or 3 years from now.  

I've also seen him not have Beagle or Sutter for a long time.  So which are you saying is his fault, too much slack for the defensive players or the offensive players?  

If we're to fire the coach then we would hit the point where our game doesn't improve and we start seeing the principal point of erosion become our young players.  No thank you.