The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We have 5 regulation wins in our last 23 games. Just a slump or something more?

Rate this topic

DonaldBrashear

With tonight's loss to Montreal at home, the Canucks now have only 4 regulation wins in their last  21 22 games.

With tonight's REGULATION WIN against Pittsburgh!!! that makes 5 regulation wins in 23 games. It's party time.

Do you feel this is just a slump, and we will get over it, or is there something more going on?

What would you do if you were in Travis Green's shoes.

Edited by DonaldBrashear

Do you feel this is just a slump, and we will get over it, or is there something more going on?

-This is just a slump. Turning out to be a bad one tho.

The team will get over it eventually.

Some of our fans tho will prolly refuse to let this one go as it can be a good source of their amusement/ de-stressing online. 

-Move to another team with less number of cancerous fans. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

With tonight's loss to Montreal at home, the Canucks now have only 4 regulation wins in their last 21 games.

Its hard to say whether this is a slump or not. Afterall, most of our wins have been against weaker teams.

What would I do if I were in Travis Greens shoes? Tell the power play to start taking slap shots from the point more often. I can't believe we haven't been doing this despite how often the point is open. Opposing teams have figured out our power play and are simply collapsing in front of the net and stopping cross ice passes. This forces us to pass the puck up to a D man and the D man then passes to the wing in hopes that the winger attains a good shooting lane. This is done often because cross ice passes are closed. On the other side of the equation, it is also done easily because the point is wide open. This begs the question as to why we wouldn't start shooting from the point to start threatening the opposition with slap shots from the blue line. If so, the opposition would be much more apt to start opening up those shooting lanes later on once the opposition tries switching tactics and starts trying to pressure our D men. I have no idea why Travis hasn't made this adjustment yet and I've been waiting for this adjustment for the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Edited by Sandro17
  • Upvote 1

Slow starts, hot goalies, long travels, now with long strings of homestands and we haven't got back to October levels.   Coaches is also responsible for the players' performance and if they aren't cutting it, then how can coach makes them play better?   Bottom line, it's coaches system is what it was.  They played differently from October and December and it's not the similar.   Teams have adjusted to them but the Canucks haven't made any adjustments.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

One thing?

We miss Edler the last 7, 8 or so games.

Yes,but it really shouldn't be that devastating

It exposes the weakness of our defensive system and depth.

I don't understand why Baumer sets them up in this collapsing 5 of diamonds / passive box bull$&!#. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, qwijibo said:

Not gonna happen. Bergevin was gushing over Gallagher just yesterday. The guy is the heart and soul of the Habs 

Oh, I know that. But that's the kind of guy the Canucks need that they don't seem to have over here - I thought Roussel would be able to do it. I think Ferland was signed to provide that spark as he was supposed to be in a top 6 role, but right now, I just hope Michael just gets back to living a pain-free life.