The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) If we have to trade Markstrom,

tan

On 12/19/2019 at 9:33 PM, Alflives said:

IMO JB has a plan to trade Demko at the 2020 or 2021 draft to recoup the first we are giving up to TBay.  

Not "one puck off the head" Demko for a 1rst, unless it is to the cup champs so the return is a 31 pick. 31 might be okay in this draft but not so much next year's.

Just watching the WJC, Can vs Rus, they figure there might be 6 to 7 first round picks THIS year on those two teams, that is how deep the coming draft will be.

I fear JB will sell the farm at the TDL to try to make the playoffs, like this team was one or two pieces away from a real cup effort and then he will be let go.

At that point I expect the fanatics on this site will jump on board with the next GM and JB be the evil wizard that destroyed the Canucks possibilities for the next 6 years and they will call him the what his record indicates, the worst Vancouver GM in it's 50 year history.

Can you imagine IF Tampa gets the first overall from the Canucks pick and that pick carries them to the cup because they get the skill without the cap hit?

On 12/19/2019 at 8:52 AM, NUCKER67 said:

Not sure who said it, but I believe it was during the MTL game, maybe it was Shorthouse? Anyway, the guy said something along the lines of - with the expansion draft around the corner, if the Canucks lose Demko to Seattle, oh well.

Do the Canucks plan to keep both goalies and then if they lose one, the one remaining would be the starter moving forward? Seems like bad asset management to me. Demko is going to be a very good goalie, and he would get a good return in a trade I'm sure. Do they want Demko in Seattle? That would just make their future competition tougher.

It seems very likely we will lose Demko to Seattle if we sign Marky long term...