The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Huge win that restores some of the faith in this group. Obviously doesn't fix all our problems but it shows that this team cares about making sure this season is different and that's all we can ask for really. The results may not always go in our favour but if they play with guts like they did tonight, then zero complaints from me. I would have liked if they sent me off to bed a few minutes earlier but that Tanev goal made it all worth it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Motte's a good role player for this group.

JB got crap for not getting a pick of any kind, but they deserve credit for identifying a younger player who can fill a role. I'll take him over a 5th round pick or something that's for sure. 

100%  

Motte's worth a 2nd round pick in my eyes.  He just continually wins puck battles and shows incredible hustle.  

He was the only Canuck besides Fantenberg that wasn't afraid to throw hits on Ryan Reaves.  Reaves threw a big open ice hit that Motte half-evaded today, would've liked to see a replay of it but unfortunately today's telecasts just don't replay big hits anymore.  

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He needs Edler back.  Him and Hughes just don't work as well together.  We've seen it a lot of times where one of them turns the puck over (usually Myers) and then they're both acting like roaming d-men/forwards and look like chickens with their heads cut off in our own zone.  We've seen it multiple times in the last 10 games.  

On another note, I don't know how, but Green has to keep Fantenberg in the lineup when we get Edler back.  The guy's been a stud and definitely our 3rd best d-man almost every night and tonight I'd say our 2nd best d-man. 

It’s getting obvious why the Jets let him walk.. it didn’t take long for his warts to show..the guy is a fire hazard in his own zone.. Myers is playing above his ability right now and it’s on display 

honestly I’d take him out over any of the other D, he looks tired physically and mentally  

Edler, Hughes, Tanev, Stecher, Benn and Fantenberg are all better choices 

• Like 1
  • Wat 4
  • Upvote 2

It's sad that there are still officials who condone this dangerous behavior. If the NHL really cared about player safety they would mandate the refs call a penalty on every dangerous play.

Hopefully a suspension is coming but I doubt there will be one because the NHL like the NFL doesn't care about the players health. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Loving that fourth line as a whole. They were the heartbeat of this team tonight along with Virtanen.

Dont see Schaller coming out anytime soon after that game. Our forecheck was buzzing all night.

That group was so good early on. Gotta keep them together. Feel like we have been searching for a solid 4th line for.... Idk? Well before 2011? As long as I can remember anyways. (maybe you can remember one?)

Gotta keep rolling with those 3. 

• Upvote 4