The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Penguins @ Canucks Dec 21 7PM on CBC Winter Solstice Edition

Rate this topic

Baer.

I think Crosby has missed more games in Vancouver, apart from the Olympics, than he has played here over his career :lol: seems that way anyhow.

The Nux have revenge, Pens tired, home ice last change and the chase for the last wild card playoff spot going for them.

The Pens might be happy thinking about going home and giving out Christmas presents, they may give one to the Canucks too. This is the last game before the big day and home is on the horizon already this road trip is a success for them.

This is one of the 5 or 6 wins this month that I guessed because it follows a back to back, a tired team wanting to go home.

Mail it in. Put a fork in them they are done already!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

I think Crosby has missed more games in Vancouver, apart from the Olympics, than he has played here over his career :lol: seems that way anyhow.

The Nux have revenge, Pens tired, home ice last change and the chase for the last wild card playoff spot going for them.

The Pens might be happy thinking about going home and giving out Christmas presents, they may give one to the Canucks too. This is the last game before the big day and home is on the horizon already this road trip is a success for them.

This is one of the 5 or 6 wins this month that I guessed because it follows a back to back, a tired team wanting to go home.

Mail it in. Put a fork in them they are done already!

What? Not a noon game? Canucks play those as a matter of course when they go east.

22 minutes ago, Shaelon said:

For everyone wondering, a win tonight puts Vancouver within 1 pt of WC2 assuming we get help from the out of town scoreboard, so there's still lots of hope! But we need to ideally finish 2-3 games above.500 in December, so we need to win out here! too early to call any game a 'must win', but if this team wants to give themselves a better chance to make the playoffs, winning now only helps!

Looking forward to your posts!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Motte
MacEwen

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher
Edler, Chatfield

Gotta love how Loui gets left in the press box for a handful of games, but then finds his way to the top line.  Just amazing.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Let’s hope they both light it up in advance of their national appearance 

we need a full 60 minute effort as this game is huge if we want a push to get into contention 

Jarry played well yesterday so we may catch a break and get Murray 

45 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Motte
MacEwen

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher
Edler, Chatfield

Gross!

Call up Boucher and let him score a bunch of goals! Kind of kidding. I know he has not done much in the past but I just read a story on him. Maybe Boucher should be called up and given another chance. See if he can now score at the NHL level.

Loui blows!

• Cheers 2