The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

7 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Madden is tracking better than Andersson right now.

And Canucks fans worrying about a prospects weight seems very ironic. Posters were suicidal when they found out the Canuck GM drafted a high 1st round player that weighed 162 and then turned into the Canucks franchise centreman a year and a bit later.

I would not trade Madden for Andersson. I would trade a B prospect and a later round pick though......why not?

Quite the dramatic statement. Nobody was suicidal about it, but it was a talking point. Any sort of commentary about that is even slightly negative gets blown out of proportion round here. I assume those posters also aren't true fans and cheer for the Maple Leafs as well.

On 12/22/2019 at 12:20 AM, janisahockeynut said:

Andersson is now what Baertschi was when the Canucks traded for Baer,

sItting in the AHL very raw

As a matter of fact Baer had 40 points in 51 games in the AHL the year he was traded

Andersson has not reached that, or no where near that......

It could be argued that he is not as good as Baer at the same place and time

If Andersson never score at any higher rate, he would never have reached Baerstchi's level

I’m not doubting that we would want him, I’m doubting that they would want Baer

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, #Canucks said:

Goldobin + 4th for Lias. Fair deal.

Actually not fair for us. Goldobin is a PROVEN AHL player - and we give up a 4th for an UNPROVEN prospect that hasn't done jack. The only thing Andersson's got going for him is that youtube clip of him throwing his silver into the Vancouver crowd. Why are we throwing away a 4th in the process?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Madden is tracking better than Andersson right now.

And Canucks fans worrying about a prospects weight seems very ironic. Posters were suicidal when they found out the Canuck GM drafted a high 1st round player that weighed 162 and then turned into the Canucks franchise centreman a year and a bit later.

I would not trade Madden for Andersson. I would trade a B prospect and a later round pick though......why not?

Go look back... the response to drafting Petterson was overwhelmingly positive.
Folks were happy to have drafted for skill instead of the safest bet.  You can always find a few folks with any opinion, but the threads show people were happy at the time.

There is also a difference between an 18 year old’s body and a 20 year old one.  Those two years generally make a huge difference in body development.  Petterson was 3 inches taller and more than 20 pounds heavier than Madden at the same age.

Your own post goes against your point by using that comparison.  The people who were worried about Peterson’s size have significantly more to worry about with Madden.  Madden would be the smallest or second smallest player in the  entire league, and that is problematic for a centre.  He is a long shot to be a meaningful player.

14 minutes ago, Provost said:

Folks were happy to have drafted for skill instead of the safest bet.  You can always find a few folks with any opinion, but the threads show people were happy at the time.

There is also a difference between an 18 year old’s body and a 20 year old one.  Those two years generally make a huge difference in body development.  Petterson was 3 inches taller and more than 20 pounds heavier than Madden at the same age.

Your own post goes against your point by using that comparison.  The people who were worried about Peterson’s size have significantly more to worry about with Madden.  Madden would be the smallest or second smallest player in the  entire league, and that is problematic for a centre.  He is a long shot to be a meaningful player.

His dad was 5'11" and played at 190 pounds.

Why couldn't our Madden get their?   All speculation at this point.

Anyway, I still would not trade Madden for Andersson personally. But to each their own.  

Edit: at the end of the day it doesn't matter what any of us posters would do. I trust JB and his staff and if they decided to trade Madden for Andersson I would assume they know a lot more than me and feel it would be the smart thing to do.  Cheers!  Mimosa time!

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Actually not fair for us. Goldobin is a PROVEN AHL player - and we give up a 4th for an UNPROVEN prospect that hasn't done jack. The only thing Andersson's got going for him is that youtube clip of him throwing his silver into the Vancouver crowd. Why are we throwing away a 4th in the process?

We won’t use Goldobin and he needs a chance to succeed (new home). A 4th because me, you and everyone else knows the rangers won’t make a player for player trade.

Lias is 3 years younger, he’s still a young prospect that has a ton of upside. Swede’s love playing in Vancouver, they preform well and we love them as fans.

Im not usually that invested in picking up seconds of a first round prospect but this kid has proven good character, he’s been a leader for Team Sweden, he gives 100% every shift, great shot, fantastic speed and versatile (he can be a role player or play on a scoring line).

Goldobin + 4th is a fair deal to me.

Edited by #Canucks
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

His dad was 5'11" and played at 190 pounds.

Why couldn't our Madden get their?   All speculation at this point.

Anyway, I still would not trade Madden for Andersson personally. But to each their own.  

Edit: at the end of the day it doesn't matter what any of us posters would do. I trust JB and his staff and if they decided to trade Madden for Andersson I would assume they know a lot more than me and feel it would be the smart thing to do.  Cheers!  Mimosa time!

Madden will put on weight. Until I was 22-23 I could not put on weight. I was 5’11” 160-162lbs at most. By the time I was 25, I weight 210lbs(healthy and fit). I changed nothing. The body needs time to mature and sometimes it takes longer for others.

Edited by #Canucks
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 11:29 AM, Timråfan said:

If you look a little deeper it gets interesting. His first season with Rangers/Hartford as 18/19 years old he did ok. 

What happened later? 

He's not the only skilled player who's team expected too much too soon AND had difficulty adjusting to a new culture and language.  

49 minutes ago, Provost said:

I wasn't thinking Pettersson at all.  Too small. I wanted Glass and thought the Winterhawk connection would draw him to them.  Obviously JB is a better picker than me :lol:

• Cheers 2

I agree, no to Madden (if I am GM).  Anderson at this point,  seems to be mostly hype but ofcourse, the same can be said for Madden as well.  I would like the Canucks to give Madden a chance in the NHL before considering him as an asset to be traded..

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, #Canucks said:

We won’t use Goldobin and he needs a chance to succeed (new home). A 4th because me, you and everyone else knows the rangers won’t make a player for player trade.

Lias is 3 years younger, he’s still a young prospect that has a ton of upside. Swede’s love playing in Vancouver, they preform well and we love them as fans.

Im not usually that invested in picking up seconds of a first round prospect but this kid has proven good character, he’s been a leader for Team Sweden, he gives 100% every shift, great shot, fantastic speed and versatile (he can be a role player or play on a scoring line).

Goldobin + 4th is a fair deal to me.

Wut. Where?

His character is the very reason why he is a questionable pick-up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Wut. Where?

His character is the very reason why he is a questionable pick-up.

Why is his character in question? Because he asked for a trade? He’s been a leader everywhere he has played. Rangers expected too much to soon. He needs a change. If you say throwing the metal into the stands puts his character in question, I disagree. It was an immature moment for sure, but it does not reflect his character. If anything it proves he has character and fight. Does not make it right, it was wrong of him, but it also doesn’t reflect his character poorly. The kid is a leader and he needs to find that confidence again.

Edited by #Canucks
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, #Canucks said:

Why is his character in question? Because he asked for a trade? He’s been a leader everywhere he has played. Rangers expected too much to soon. He needs a change. If you say throwing the metal into the stands puts his character in question, I disagree. It was an immature moment for sure, but it does not reflect his character. If anything it proves he has character and fight. Does not make it right, it was wrong of him, but it also doesn’t reflect his character poorly. The kid is a leader and he needs to find that confidence again.

So immaturity is a red flag, is it not? Or are we just going to sweep it under the radar because it's not what you want to see. He was the captain of the team and he put himself ahead of the team when he thought it was a disgrace to take silver. Everyone else wore theirs, except him. That's poor sportsmanship, no matter how you slice it.

And now he's demanded a trade so early in his career after proving NOTHING so far in the AHL. This reeks of entitlement issues. Next thing you'll say is Nichushskin shows "character" by bolting to Russia.

18 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

The Blackhawks will pick him up and put him on a line with Alex Nylander... boom 2 entitled swedes with zero drive to face adversity. They can text their buddy Johnathen Dahlen for moral support. 

pass...this kid screams childish. 

So glad Benning picked the right one. 

... and sent the wrong one packing...

• Cheers 1