The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

He's not that good. The Rangers badly wanted Pettersson at 7, but of course he wasn't available so they had to settle with Andersson. Pfft 

That’s usually the story of the Canucks.

Glad we’re on the right side now.

Edited by Me_

59 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Andersson ripping it up in the SHL if I heard correctly. Andersson and a 3rd for Jake if it's true.

12 points in 15 games is pretty good. Prorated to the 51 games and he’s right at the top of his team with 40 points. Now that’s a lot of games prorated so numbers are tough to gauge. Still a nice 15 game stint from Lias.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Andersson ripping it up in the SHL if I heard correctly. Andersson and a 3rd for Jake if it's true.

We need to offload salary more than getting an iffy prospect.

The Rangers need a stable 3C so maybe Sutter and Virtanen going their way.  They have cap issues too, so unless they move a player they can’t take on much salary.

Edited by Provost

18 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

I'd love for Benning to take a flyer - but there's no way Lias gets a guaranteed spot in the Canucks' top-9, if he's unwilling to report to the AHL, it's not worth it for the Canucks. I'm thinking NHL GMs'll have some insight into that.

Next year would likely be the ideal time to take a flyer on him.

It is almost certain that there will be a black aces extended roster because they aren’t going to have AHL players flying all over he continent (if there is even an AHL).  There are probably going to be several practice squad guys who would otherwise be in the AHL.  Unless things change I would even put money on keeping a lot of prospects close by and having some sort of mini tourneys for them to keep them playing games.

Edited by Provost

30 minutes ago, Provost said:

Next year would likely be the ideal time to take a flyer on him.

It is almost certain that there will be a black aces extended roster because they aren’t going to have AHL players flying all over he continent (if there is even an AHL).  There are probably going to be several practice squad guys who would otherwise be in the AHL.  Unless things change I would even put money on keeping a lot of prospects close by and having some sort of mini tourneys for them to keep them playing games.

For sure - if an announcement is made in stone around extended rosters then picking up Lias on a buy-low trade could be a great idea. Wonder how it would effect the full season loan to HV71 that was worked out with NYR?