The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lias Andersson requests trade from Rangers

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

he did not develop any further

he stalled, plateaued

happens to so many players

So you don't find it intriguing that he is fairly good and a lot worse playing in primarerly AHL? 

Why not be bad from the start and get worse?

Edited by Timråfan
  • Wat 2

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So you don't find it intriguing that he is fairly good and a lot worse playing in primarerly AHL? 

Why not be bad from the start and get worse?

i do not think you understand my post or simply refuse to accept what i post

he did not improve

he did not get better

yet you even seem to agree with that though when i read your words

but i can play your little games

it clearly the coaching he was under and his ahl team systems that held him back

and the nhl team not welcoming him with open arms

and making him the #1 priority in the entire organization

in order to foster and ensure his remarkable nhl career

which only has not happened due the circumstances he had to face in his organization

(ps dahlin is very unlikely to make it back to the nhl)

Edited by coastal.view

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

i do not think you understand my post or simply refuse to accept what i post

he did not improve

he did not get better

yet you even seem to agree with that though when i read your words

but i can play your little games

it clearly the coaching he was under and his ahl team systems that held him back

and the nhl team not welcoming him with open arms

and making him the #1 priority in the entire organization

in order to foster and ensure his remarkable nhl career

which only has not happened due the circumstances he had to face in his organization

(ps dahlin is very unlikely to make it back to the nhl)

Well, it only seems like you don't want a "real" discussion... Always been like that? 

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

Well, it only seems like you don't want a "real" discussion... Always been like that? 

um

we were not discussing anything

you provided zero information to any "discussion"

and simply wished to prod me into a position

which involved limiting the responsibility placed on the player

i have read enough of your posts

you are predictable

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Only 5 points and a -9 in the AHL in 13 games. 1 point and a -8 in 17 games in the NHL. 

I don't know what he expects, but those aren't exactly numbers that scream NHL player. He's still young, but I wouldn't be willing to cough up whatever it would take to land him. Between throwing his silver medal into the crown last year and this, the guy really seems like he has an attitude problem.

And now we wait for @Timråfan to come and defend him. 

Less than 10 minutes a game in a checking role. They never gave him a chance.

• Haha 1

Lias Andersson reminds me a bit of Kasperi Kapanen. Not big, but has that edge to them. I would definitely inquire if I am Benning. I know the stat watchers will look at his numbers and say well he's bad, but something might be going on there. Well something IS going on there if he's asking out. He had a good year last year. 20 points in 36 games. Although the -24 that season looks less than ideal. Lol. 

But on the same note, gotta be careful he's not another Dahlen. Maybe he thinks he should be in the NHL when he's not ready. And because of that he isn't respecting his time in the AHL.

3 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

I could see pool party for Anderson but I’d think NYR would have to add think PoolParty has done a good bit better in the Nhl

I agree, this might be the trade Ken Holland has been waiting for, Puljujarvi for Anderson might work. I don't think NY has to add, they're not ever going to get a better offer than this for JP. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I agree, this might be the trade Ken Holland has been waiting for, Puljujarvi for Anderson might work. I don't think NY has to add, they're not ever going to get a better offer than this for JP. 

It was discussed per Friedman.  

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Juolevi, 3rd and goldy? May need to change that 3rd into a 2nd idk. 

I feel maybe oilers r best partner. Pool for lias andersson 1 for 1 

Juolevi for him straight up is the best I'd do. Even then I think we are too thin on defense to trade our best d prospect for a potential 2nd line LWer when we have Hoglander that I trust more to develop into that role.

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

He's an intriguing and promising prospect, but I just don't think we have what it takes to get him. 

So was Goldy...  the fact is Andersson is 21 and generating nothing as a high 1st round pick and a year remaining on his contract.

Bartschi offers more, at least for there Farm in helping with development.

This could be the same situation that Dahlen gave us..  I would not give up anything except what we know is close to this situation,. And that is intriguing and looking for a fresh start.

at least the rangers have some Capspace.

Edited by SilentSam

25 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Less than 10 minutes a game in a checking role. They never gave him a chance.

Andersson is the type of player that should have been able to succeed in a checking role and work his way up the lineup. He's not a pure skill player like Petey. Theoretically, he's the type of guy that should be able to thrive in a bottom six role. Let's not forget that Bo started on the fourth line and, through determination and hard work, made his way up the lineup. He never complained or asked for a trade. There's enough evidence now to suggest that Andersson has some attitude issues as well. Not someone I'd taker a risk on unless he came dirt cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Probably the type of player that Ken Holland tries to trade Jesse Poolparty for. I could see a Poolparty for Andersson deal going down. Sure, the Rangers wouldn't get Poolparty until next season but it doesn't seem like they'd be using Andersson this season either.