The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sunday Morning Confessional at the Church of V

Rate this topic

VforVasili

10 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

Flashes of greatness supported by good linemates that don't completely mask the fact that his decision making is sometimes completely awful. Very rarely does JV make a good play that he can finish on his own which stands out when you have guys like JT Miller who are constantly doing little things to drive offense.

If JV played most games like he did last night, he would be amazing. It's a shame he shows up like that once or twice a month. I wish he would show up more.

To be honest, if you said that the past few years, I would completely agree with you (I am a JV18 supporter since he was drafted). But this year, you still think so? I have been watching most games and from most of the games I have seen, he has been pretty consistent this year thus far and definitely more than once or twice a month (more like a week now). Do I think he needs to improve in some areas? Most definitely but I think some mistakes he has made have been more inexperience as he is starting to play roles he didn't play much of before. (i.e. one sample I saw was that he turned over the puck in the last 40/50 seconds in his own zone when he could of tried to clear the puck off the boards or flip it but he stick handled it instead and got stripped of the puck).

Edited by Law of Goalies

9 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Nah, regardless of whether or not he can still grow and evolve as a player, he'd definitely an NHL player, and to say otherwise would be disingenuous. 

14 x  +

Fourteen pluses for the use of the word "disingenuous"

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

How many pluses for spelling disingenuous correctly but misspelling 'he's'?

Lol - totally missed that!!

(In keeping with the confessional theme of the thread, as a dues-paying member of the grammar police, I will self-flagellate for that oversight)

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Before my past gets dredged up, I admit that I have questioned what was between his ears and that I know he enjoys his pizza with ranch dip.

I, however, posted in the PGT last night that I believe that Jake has arrived.  I am truly happy for him.  
People just get/got frustrated with him, as we can all see his skill and potential.

9 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Before my past gets dredged up, I admit that I have questioned what was between his ears and that I know he enjoys his pizza with ranch dip.

I, however, posted in the PGT last night that I believe that Jake has arrived.  I am truly happy for him.  
People just get/got frustrated with him, as we can all see his skill and potential.

Ah it is working. Those who have sinned are coming out to confess of their own accord. You are absolved of your sins. 

• Cheers 1

Jake is a great North-South player with speed, and good hands.

Love him for that fact.

He's not a "power forward" in the traditional sense. 

Part of the problem is people want to make him something he's not. 

Embrace the Shotgun Jake. 

Podz might be the Power Forward CDC wants. 

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

That's the only way to make Domino's, Panago, Little Caesar's etc. acceptable.

I don't dip good pizza, but 90% of pizza needs ranch to help it suck less.

2 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

Is this like a reverse-clutch type of situation?

I like it!

Believe in Jake!

BrockBoester, do we really need him?

• Haha 1

I probably have some posts bashing Jake somewhere in my history. Too busy watching Die Hard to look.

I'm glad that he is playing up to his potential. Sometimes, players take a little longer to develop.

I ask for your forgiveness.

lias andersson asks for a trade, Canucks should get him cheap, very good two way player, 21 years old and was EP"s teammate in championship

from Elite Prospects:

Andersson is an excellent team player. Never takes a shift off. Also blessed with good hockey sense and plays a strong two-way game. Offensively, Andersson stands out with impressive puck skills, a good shot and fine speed. Has the tools to become a scoring line player, but could also become an excellent role player who always gives 100%. (EP 2017)

Edited by sxqhfeh

1 hour ago, sxqhfeh said:

lias andersson asks for a trade, Canucks should get him cheap, very good two way player, 21 years old and was EP"s teammate in championship

from Elite Prospects:

Andersson is an excellent team player. Never takes a shift off. Also blessed with good hockey sense and plays a strong two-way game. Offensively, Andersson stands out with impressive puck skills, a good shot and fine speed. Has the tools to become a scoring line player, but could also become an excellent role player who always gives 100%. (EP 2017)

Rangers would want Madden or Rathbone  - they wouldn't settle for Baertschi or Goldobin.

And do we want another disgruntled Swede playing in the AHL if we don't make room for him in the big club?

9 hours ago, Qwags said:

I probably have some posts bashing Jake somewhere in my history. Too busy watching Die Hard to look.

I'm glad that he is playing up to his potential. Sometimes, players take a little longer to develop.

I ask for your forgiveness.

You are absolved of your sins. 

8 hours ago, bobo1763 said:

Virbusten 

My first exorcism!

Most glorious Prince of the Heavenly Armies, Saint Benning, 
defend us in our battle against principalities and powers, 
against the rulers of this world of trolldom, against the spirits of wickedness.

Begone evil spirits!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1