The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sunday Morning Confessional at the Church of V

Rate this topic

VforVasili

This is how we jinx our own players..  Look at the "team like that comment" ...  Not saying I don't like jake, I've always liked him.but I'm not going to proclaim a church to a guy who hasn't cracked 20 goals yet. 

That's not a slight on Jake. But if anyone deserves a church aside from the obvious it's Tyler Motte, he's clearly the straw that stirs the 4th line. 

4 hours ago, DS4quality said:

This is how we jinx our own players..  Look at the "team like that comment" ...  Not saying I don't like jake, I've always liked him.but I'm not going to proclaim a church to a guy who hasn't cracked 20 goals yet. 

That's not a slight on Jake. But if anyone deserves a church aside from the obvious it's Tyler Motte, he's clearly the straw that stirs the 4th line. 

Or maybe a " Hail, Caesar" ?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Petey40 said:

I love that Jake is figuring his game out. Never once wanted to trade him, always thought he’d become a good player.

Now I hope Joulevi can stay healthy and do the same as Jake and shut up all the nay sayers. 

Agree I want so badly for Juolevi to prove them wrong as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, VforVirtanen said:

Given yet another game winning goal by big tuna, I am wondering if we have any more sinners who might like to confess and be forgiven?

It is looking like this is the year for the big guy.  Glad to see.

Hope he stays the course.  I was never a Jake basher, but I wasn't really a hardcore believer either.  I won't complain if he surpasses my expectations.

I'd add this to the

M for Miller point.

Imagine if the Sedins had had a JT MIller to play with for all those seasons before (or after) the Burrows emergence.

Well GMJB wasted no time in making sure that Pettersson has the type of winger he needs.

And I'd go further = some people laughed in that trade thread at the suggestion of utilziing Miller as a center for Pettersson.....(let alone called him a 'cap dump' and/or a 3rd/4th line center).

Well - Pettersson is 45% in the faceoff dot, having taken only 116 draws....and how many times have you seen him take hits down low battling with other teams forecheckers, heavier forwards, etc?

Miller is 59.3% with 472 draws....

Beagle is 59.2% with 490 draws (in only 39 games, while 68.5% of Beagle's zone starts are defensive, where it's more difficult to win draws....)

This horrible trade for a 3rd/4th line 'cap dump', and horrible signing of an overpaid shutdown center - are largely responsble for the incredible production of players like Pettersson - their early success cannot be separated from the 'foundation' and complements/support they receive from their team-mates.  It's a team game, period.

• Like 3

On 12/22/2019 at 8:02 AM, debluvscanucks said:

As a mod, I initially thought that I should probably close/move/merge this thing for substance/placement-because players have threads.

But then the vision of sugarplums Jake smashing everything in sight last night danced in my head and I came to my senses.  Going to make some cookies now (white chocolate chunk pomegranate...so good).  Bake for Jake.

image.png

You're the best Deb.

Cookies for Canucks goals became a household tradition early in the the Matt Cooke years - and he proceeded to score 14, 13, 15 goals in subsequent seasons - so needless to say, the Cook(i)e recipe became quite honed over those seasons - and the household cookie monster was very happy.

Jake looks like he could blow that Cook(i)e production away.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, oldnews said:

You're the best Deb.

Cookies for Canucks goals became a household tradition early in the the Matt Cooke years - and he proceeded to score 14, 13, 15 goals in subsequent seasons - so needless to say, the Cook(i)e recipe became quite honed over those seasons - and the household cookie monster was very happy.

Jake looks like he could blow that Cook(i)e production away.

Good to have your views back here ON.  :towel:I was getting blamed fir running you over with my scooter! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

Anyway - many thanks to the OP - despite my disgust for the world's oldest profession - preachers who purport to speak for "God" - I thoroughly enjoyed this thread = hilarious read / would read again (somewhat inspired me out of my CDC hiatus).

That made my day to hear! I have always enjoyed your contributions from even before I became a semi-active poster. 

Kudos for adding your thoughts. We have a lot to cheer for right now, that’s for sure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1