The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs Oilers, December 23, 2019 -- 3 for 3/Holiday edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

12 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Fantanberg has been better than Benn the last few games, still a tough decision.

Tough to take a vet out but you gotta respect Green keeping a guy in thats earned it. I’m willing to bet that Benn doesn’t think he’s playing his best hockey either.

Im assuming it’s:

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Fantenberg Stecher 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Ew, Victoria to Edmonton.  What a culture shock!  My condolences.;)

Haha, thanks. It's not so bad though, being able to get a new 3 bedroom house on an average income is pretty great. But the golf season is far too short

Edited by MattJVD
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

So if Petey was out and we had a string of wins, you wouldn't slot him back into the lineup? I'm sure the defense is going to welcome the minutes taken by Edler to ease their workload after the stretch without him.

Besides, I have a feeling Benn has been playing with a bit of a knock (plus some of the other D as well).

Stecher would be my out.  And I like stecher a lot.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, riffraff said:

But that still changing the lineup. Then there's the whole LD/RD issue. While Benn and Fantenberg are known to be able to play the right side, why put them on an off side when there's a perfectly capable player to play that side already?

24 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Haha, thanks. It's not so bad though, being able to get a new 3 bedroom house on an average income is pretty great. But the golf season is far too short

I lived in Sherwood Park from 1976 - 1984 and actually really enjoyed it there. Short golf season and long mosquito season weren't much fun though.....

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I think its a toss up but they are definitely our bottom 2 guys who are probably going to take turns sitting out. Fantenberg brings a little more to the table and will probably be a regular now.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think its a toss up but they are definitely our bottom 2 guys who are probably going to take turns sitting out. Fantenberg brings a little more to the table and will probably be a regular now.

He’s earned it for sure.  Grit, hits, shots.

• Upvote 2