The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top ten NHL forwards

Rate this topic

Skip Spence

Kinda curious who you guys consider to be the top ten forwards in the NHL right now (can be currently injured), all things considered. 

Off the top of my head here’s my list (in no particular order) 

McDavid 

Draisaitl

MacKinnon 

Malkin 

Crosby 

Eichel 

Marchand

Panarin

Kutcherov 

Kane 

4 hours ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

All those guys are bums! Here's the real top 10.....

1. Petey
2. Boeser
3. Miller
4. Petey
5. Boeser
6. Miller
7. Petey
8. Boeser
9. Miller
10, Petey

:emot-parrot:

HM to the GOAT Loui!  For awhile the team was undefeated every time he got a point

Edited by Phil_314

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

1). McDavid

2). Crosby

3). Mackinnon

4). Malkin

5). Eichel

6). Kane

7). Ovi

8). Pastrnak

9). Kucherov

10). Petey 

HM: Mathews, Draisaitl, Stamkos

:sick::sick::sick:

Also, Draisaitl deserves to be up there in the top 10. As much as I love Petey, he is not quite there yet, maybe top 20, but not top 10. Ovie would've been there if he has more total points this season. Just realize we've a very similar list of players in the top-6.

2 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

:sick::sick::sick:

Also, Draisaitl deserves to be up there in the top 10. As much as I love Petey, he is not quite there yet, maybe top 20, but not top 10. Ovie would've been there if he has more total points this season. Just realize we've a very similar list of players in the top-6.

Your probably right but Petey squeaks in with a homer pick. Ovi is definitely a top 10 forward in the NHL.

Just now, Bure_Pavel said:

Your probably right but Petey squeaks in with a homer pick. Ovi is definitely a top 10 forward in the NHL.

Base on history, no doubt Ovie is top 10. But this season specifically, I would have other players ahead of him.

1. mcjesus offensive juggernaut 

2. mackinnon  silent superstar 

3. pastrnak pure goal scorer 

4. draisatl beast 

5. ovi goat  will beat 99 record for most goals ever. 214 to tie. Only mario  had more in less games ahead of him by end of yr might climb up to 6th or 7th all time 

6. eichel  started rolling this yr 

7. mathews   puts up good numbers 

8. crosby  injured but great hof career 

9. malkin 1/2 punch with 87  hes a beast 

10. petey  petey gets in cuz hes got 200 ft game plus elite talent and best nhler under 22 

1.  McDavid

2. Crosby

3. Mackinnon

4. Ovechkin

5. Kane

6. Pastrnak

7. Stamkos

8. Matthews

9. Draisaitl

10. Tavares

Kind of wanted to put Kucherov at 10 but I feel like Tavares is more valuable with his two way play.  I guess a case could be made to swap him and Matthews out though.

20 hours ago, Skip Spence said:

Kinda curious who you guys consider to be the top ten forwards in the NHL right now (can be currently injured), all things considered. 

Off the top of my head here’s my list (in no particular order) 

McDavid 

Draisaitl

MacKinnon 

Malkin 

Crosby 

Eichel 

Marchand

Panarin

Kutcherov 

Kane 

Pretty good list. But I would put Malkin above Draisaitl. Malkin can single handedly impact the outcome of the game.

I would leave Crosby out of contention because he hasn't played enough games of late and who knows, his play might be tailing off with him getting into 30's. And I left Marchand out. Don't want to soil a list of fine hockey players by including a hockey playing rat.

1. McDavid

2. Malkin

3. MacKinnon

4. Kane

5. Barkov

6. Ovi

7. Bergeron

8. Pastrnak

9. Draisaitl

10. Tavares

I think I generally prefer centers over wingers unless the winger is an elite level game breaker.

Edited by khay
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, khay said:

Pretty good list. But I would put Malkin above Draisaitl. Malkin can single handedly impact the outcome of the game.

I would leave Crosby out of contention because he hasn't played enough games of late and who knows, his play might be tailing off with him getting into 30's. And I left Marchand out. Don't want to soil a list of fine hockey players by including a hockey playing rat.

1. McDavid

2. Malkin

3. MacKinnon

4. Kane

5. Barkov

6. Ovi

7. Bergeron

8. Pastrnak

9. Draisaitl

10. Tavares

I think I generally prefer centers over wingers unless the winger is an elite level game breaker.

Yeah I’d value Malkin above Draisaitl too, my list wasn’t really numbered, though generally the players I thought of first were the biggest stars.

Marchand is a dirty rat no doubt but in terms of impact at both ends, not least in the play offs, he belongs on the list imo. 

I included Panarin ahead of the likes of Pastrnak and Ovechkin also because of his massive impact in all parts of the game. Made CBJs into a contender almost single handedly and now at NYRs he’s made them at least relevant. Very smart, skilled and consistent player. 

• Like 1