The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBC suspends Jeremy Roenick for inappropriate comments

Rate this topic

grandmaster

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Commenting sexually about a co-worker in a public forum has never been acceptable in the 30+ years I've been in the workforce - I've seen more than a handful of senior managers and directors get fired the day after a Christmas party because they had one too many beverages and then proceeded to describe their colleague in a sexually unacceptable manner.  This isn't about snowflakes or cancel culture, it's about human decency, professionalism, and respecting your colleagues.

Psst. 

Some people don't get it.  And like to blame cancel culture for everything. 

:ph34r:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

People need to lighten up, especially when concerning a guy nobody in their right mind can take seriously. Everything that comes out his mouth was born close to his ass, it's his schtick.

But let's just get offended for somebody else.

If everyone could just stop looking for things to be offended about, society as a whole would be less offensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Squamfan said:

he a Republican makes sense that he a idiot. What other history does he have 

Ya these comments and thinking is what makes our culture toxic. Don't put all Republicans in a box. They are 50m+ Republicans and lots have university degrees, businesses ect.. Democrats have a lot of good ideas and smart people but also a lot of crazies in the party by my thinking. Still we need to be smart enough to listen and explain our thinking. Especially in Canada we should let other counties deal with their issues as they seem fit.  We should hold ourselves to a higher standard of respect and patience then culture will change for the better. 

For Jeremy. Hell of a player. Always a big mouth and you can't talk about women like they are a piece of meat show some respect. Especially at his age, being married ect.. He should know better. This is after me to.Don cherry, ect... Like really no excuse to say that in a podcast. now if he is drinking with his buds or talking in the locker room or gym then whatever fair play imo. strange but go at it but can't say that for the world to hear and watch. 

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, luckylager said:

People need to lighten up, especially when concerning a guy nobody in their right mind can take seriously. Everything that comes out his mouth was born close to his ass, it's his schtick.

But let's just get offended for somebody else.

If everyone could just stop looking for things to be offended about, society as a whole would be less offensive.

Ya that's my whole problem with sjws. They need to tell others that they are against every kind of evil and then some while normal people hate evil but don't yell it. 

Like saw this week a lady claiming math is racist. Absolute madness. Her argument is was extremely poor and her definition of racist was different then mine. In fact she said racism definition changes.  Because it changes to fit your argument. Just bizarre times but the internet always makes things seem worst then they are

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I don't get why you'd think that you could publicly talk about having sex with a co-worker and not receive backlash. The way he talked about it, I guess it wasn't super offensive, but it was just so awkward. 

I agree with this. It’s not over the top or crossing the line or anything, it’s just like, why?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Bit of an update:

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1913224

NHL on NBC host Kathryn Tappen released a statement Tuesday condemning the recent comments made by co-worker Jeremy Roenick that led to his indefinite suspension from the network.

"While Jeremy and I continue to be good friends, what he said was unacceptable, especially among workplace colleagues. I do not condone his comments," Tappen said, according to John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal.

Roenick was suspended Monday without pay for inappropriate comments he made during his appearance on the "Spittin' Chiclets" podcast. The former NHLer brought up a trip to Portugal in which he, his wife, and Tappen traveled together, and he made multiple references to the three of them having sex.

"I play it off like we're going to bed together every night, the three of us," Roenick said. "If it really came to fruition, that would be really good, but it's never going to happen." 

Roenick, who's been with NBC since 2010, later said Tappen is "one of the most professional sports personalities I know." 

He hasn't commented on the matter since his suspension.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

NOT condoning this ignorant type of behaviour,.

But didn’t a president once say “ if you grab em by the p$$$y, they’ll do what ever you want” ?

...this is what’s wrong in the U.S. .. s#!# flows down hill,. If you don’t fix the problem at the source,  it’s ok?