The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 23, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On 12/25/2019 at 3:15 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

What are you even talking about??  Honestly, I want to know.

Boeser is 22nd in the league for scoring. He has as many points as Ovechkin.

Bizarre...:picard:

Edit: he has more points than Marner, Kopitar, Couture, O'Reilly, Barzal, Bergeron, M. Tkachuk....etc ....etc

Well the 10-15 games I've watched this year he has scored, but other than that seems invisible for the most part. He was way more noticable the previous 2 years imo. 

Imo Horvat and Boeser has seemed to have taken a step back. Maybe it's because Pettersson and Hughes are so noticable. I'm going by what ive seen not points

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Well the 10-15 games I've watched this year he has scored, but other than that seems invisible for the most part. He was way more noticable the previous 2 years imo. 

Imo Horvat and Boeser has seemed to have taken a step back. Maybe it's because Pettersson and Hughes are so noticable. I'm going by what ive seen not points

You don’t see Brock’s forechecking, board play and improved playmaking and vision? He is definitely not invisible... but most people do look less involved when EPs on the ice cuz he just attracts the eye. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Because offense doesn't win Cups, good team defense does.  If you spend half your cap on a few offensive players, and neglect your d corp and your bottom 6 you're not going to go very far in the playoffs........ask Leaf fans.

Very true.... not only the leafs... 

11 hours ago, Kragar said:

7.5 is a far cry from the near 12m you were worried about earlier in this thread.  Barring a big change (either way) in points production, I can see him in the 8 or 9 range.

I trust JB to make the right call.  Trading him might be the way to go, so you suggest, cuz I agree on the value of the bottom 6. 

I hope he can stay.  Cap raises, moving on from Loui (he is easier to move after this season) and some other cap freeing up might do the trick.  When it is time to sign him, Luongo's penalty is gone, which would take care of most of his raise.

I've stopped stressing about salary cap.  It's all too fluid, and the speculation can drive one crazy.  I'll just sit back and (try to) enjoy games.

This is one of the most sane things I’ve ever read on CDC. Let others worry about cap, salary etc. That what they are paid to do...

and nobody knows whats around the corner anyway... 

lets enjoy some good hockey instead :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, stawns said:

Because offense doesn't win Cups, good team defense does.  If you spend half your cap on a few offensive players, and neglect your d corp and your bottom 6 you're not going to go very far in the playoffs........ask Leaf fans.

Chicago and Pittsburgh won with offense

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

Chicago and Pittsburgh won with offense

Actually, they won with solid two way play.  Both teams leaders are two of the best 200ft players to come along in the last 40 years.  Both teams had very good depth players as well.  

Both teams eventually had to dismantle that depth to pay those offensive players and neither has won much since. 

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

Actually, they won with solid two way play.  Both teams leaders are two of the best 200ft players to come along in the last 40 years.  Both teams had very good depth players as well.  

Both teams eventually had to dismantle that depth to pay those offensive players and neither has won much since. 

Crosby's two way play as a young player was largely overstated. Malkin powered them through that Cup run and the Penguins scored in bunches. I would agree with the poster than the Penguins first Cup run was driven through their offence, that team was an offensive juggernaut.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2019 at 12:16 PM, stawns said:

Naw man those Penguins and Blackhawks teams were won by offence, and good enough goaltending.