The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van & Det deal(Discussion)

This is open-ended, you beautiful CDC'ers. Think up yer own, don't matter. Just like there being stuff to mull/toss around, as we all suffer thru the slog of no Van games for nearly a WEEK!

The concept is pretty simple. Dump a buncha' cap on another team, by adding one of our beaut prospects to the outgoing pkg.

I say we omit the top 2 picks from last June(Pod & Hogz)..just too soon for such an unappreciative departure.

**********The Question(point #1)***********

1- We ALL love our enviable stash of prospects..let's face it. But say you could dump Loui's hit, by attaching a primo piece? So it's a simple equation. How many million $$$ of outgoing cap is required, to justify the dumping of a choice prospect? Or for that matter, a player with x years of remaining term, that's obstructing JB's future roster-handiwork.

2- The Leafs attached a 1st to dump 1 yr of hit. I'd like to avoid this possible direction. When does Benning/Brackett's recent work attain critical mass? So many graduating/developing beauts, eventually our stash will be considered a higher currency(than simply a pick), that's also closer to the show/partly developed. Trying to say, there may be more value in various pieces(due to recent drafting performance) than many of us realize.

3- I'd be a little concerned it might deter other college FA's/drafted own from signing with us in the future. This is a potential neg which should be considered/factored in.

4- The league is 90-95% cap-maxed. The 31 buckets almost all full, so there aren't many simple landing spots. You prob have to take back some cap(likely with less term), to make it plausible.

5- What position are we strongest/deepest? Obviously easier(& likely wiser) to dump a future piece from that category.

I'll leave this here, as heading out for a few hrs. Curious if there's any appetite for such notions? If so there are a couple pkg deals I've pondered, & will include later.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
title change

12 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Throw in Corrado too, don't wanna lose a premium asset like that for nothing.

Let's trade the farm!  In fact Santa came a day early and I'm digging out the gifts from the dust pile from under the tree!

Shinkaruk + Schroeder + Jensen, plus Ballard/ Raymond/ 2nd.  I'm sure that would be enough to get McDavid...'s hockey tape

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

This is open-ended, you beautiful CDC'ers. Think up yer own, don't matter. Just like there being stuff to mull/toss around, as we all suffer thru the slog of no Van games for nearly a WEEK!

The concept is pretty simple. Dump a buncha' cap on another team, by adding one of our beaut prospects to the outgoing pkg.

I say we omit the top 2 picks from last June(Pod & Hogz)..just too soon for such an unappreciative departure.

**********The Question(point #1)***********

1- We ALL love our enviable stash of prospects..let's face it. But say you could dump Loui's hit, by attaching a primo piece? So it's a simple equation. How many million $$$ of outgoing cap is required, to justify the dumping of a choice prospect? Or for that matter, a player with x years of remaining term, that's obstructing JB's future roster-handiwork.

2- The Leafs attached a 1st to dump 1 yr of hit. I'd like to avoid this possible direction. When does Benning/Brackett's recent work attain critical mass? So many graduating/developing beauts, eventually our stash will be considered a higher currency(than simply a pick), that's also closer to the show/partly developed. Trying to say, there may be more value in various pieces(due to recent drafting performance) than many of us realize.

3- I'd be a little concerned it might deter other college FA's/drafted own from signing with us in the future. This is a potential neg which should be considered/factored in.

4- The league is 90-95% cap-maxed. The 31 buckets almost all full, so there aren't many simple landing spots. You prob have to take back some cap(likely with less term), to make it plausible.

5- What position are we strongest/deepest? Obviously easier(& likely wiser) to dump a future piece from that category.

I'll leave this here, as heading out for a few hrs. Curious if there's any appetite for such notions? If so there are a couple pkg deals I've pondered, & will include later.

Hey Nux, Merry Xmas to you and yours. Hope all is well your part of the world.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

Hey Nux, Merry Xmas to you and yours. Hope all is well your part of the world.

Cheers, RB..Wishing a Merry Christmas to you & yours, from this crazy, unique land. Love the Japan lifestyle, but this particular season always leaves a gaijin feeling somewhat misplaced(?).. & certainly nostalgic for an older-times, western Xmas-vibe.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Let's trade the farm!  In fact Santa came a day early and I'm digging out the gifts from the dust pile from under the tree!

Shinkaruk + Schroeder + Jensen, plus Ballard/ Raymond/ 2nd.  I'm sure that would be enough to get McDavid...'s hockey tape

With a package like that we should at least get his jock too.

Pun intended.

Well, here's an example deal:

Van: Baertschi, Sutter, (prospect: Lind or Jet Woo)

Det: Trevor Daley, Erne or Perlini

**If necc, would consider we add a 2020 2nd & they give us a 2020 3rd**

The young add would be shipped to Utica(Perlini or Erne)..more just balancing contracts.

Next season this would importantly drop about 7.7 million of cap from our roster. Daley contract expires at this season's end.

Would a team like the Wings spend 7,700,000$ next season on two iffy fwds, to add another piece to their early-stage rebuild? It's the obvious question here.

Might we have to additionally retain 1-1.5 mill on 1 of the contracts? It's another possible tweak/variable, that would expire in spring 2021.

They have about 21,000,000 $ coming off the books in a few months, expiring UFA deals. Maybe they'd consider such a pitch.