The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. United States | Group B | Dec. 26, 2019 | 10:00 AM PT

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, haton said:

Laffer picked it out of the air, then tucked it in a 4" gap. I feel like he's the next Crosby.

Laffy will be a top player, but lets not forget Crosby was having an impact as a 16 year old (5 points in 6 games). Last year (at 17) Laffy barely played and had 1 goal/point all tournament. At 17 Crosby was on the 1st line and had a GPG and 9 points total in 6 games. Laffy is elite but Crosby is generational top 5 player ever. Can't compare the 2. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Wow 

What a game to be at. Looked like 70% Canadians in attendance 

Shaky start but we started skating, few big hits and the game started to swing our way

Best to limit penalties and we need to work on a better kill

Momentum back and forth all game

Wow so glad to be here

Go Canada go

So jealous. Promising myself to go next time its in Europe. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Laffy will be a top player, but lets not forget Crosby was having an impact as a 16 year old (5 points in 6 games). Last year (at 17) Laffy barely played and had 1 goal/point all tournament. At 17 Crosby was on the 1st line and had a GPG and 9 points total in 6 games. Laffy is elite but Crosby is generational top 5 player ever. Can't compare the 2. 

Can't compare the two "yet".  I see every reason to be stoked about this kid ... if he barely played, what are you assessing against?  Use last game to see his something pretty special.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

I wouldn't undersell the talent on the US team this year. Canada did a good job of using physicality to limit the offense the Americans could generate at 5 on 5.

The Americans kept the game close despite minimal contributions from Caufield, Zegras, and Turcotte. If they can find a way to get those guys going (Zegras and Turcotte were playing in the bottom six for some reason), I figure the US will do fine.

I'm just not excited by the team as a whole this year.  A few bright spots with the rest seemingly pedestrian.

22 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Surprise twilight, they are alive!,,

eat those negative words and I hope you get indigestion 

Go Canada go

It was a rough start but a nice rebound. Not being negative, justt being real, looking how the team looked before the tournament started, It didn't look like the strongest team while everyone else seemed to have gotten better. The game against Russia is a big one 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Joke all you want but I've had zero complaints so far, especially for the price.

Probably because I was at a Fogg N' Suds and we tried it. Might be one of those situations where the beer they export is crap, and the beer they produce locally is great. 

But when I tried it, it tasted like I was drinking water mixed with the stuff from an ashtray. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 1:54 PM, SabreFan1 said:

I'm just not excited by the team as a whole this year.  A few bright spots with the rest seemingly pedestrian.

On 12/26/2019 at 8:24 PM, SabreFan1 said:

this year's US team isn't exactly overly talented so I'm not even sure they'll do well enough to see Canada again.

Was I right or was I right....?