The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 28, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On 12/29/2019 at 1:51 AM, *Buzzsaw* said:

No, I was a competitive swimmer and went to the BC Championships where I did great... 0.15 secs off the times for the National team qualifiers.

Also played hockey up to age 10, but since my parents didn't have the cash to spend on the gear, I couldn't pursue it.

But I've been around buddies who played the game, and also in my job as a news/sports cameraman to know when a coach doesn't know his backside from a hole in the ground.

So F.U. and your opinion.

This had to be reposted.  LMAO.  Thanks @*Buzzsaw* for the quality sense of humour.  I guess many won’t get it, but I did!  

19 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

“Fans” only know fandom. 

This is why the board relies so heavily on posters like yourself, Rupert, etc. 

Without people who know wtf they are talking about beyond words, google and parroting, this is an awful fan experience. 

IMO, it’s like a hockey panel of Squire Barnes’ without a Bieksa or whomever to balance out the bull $&!#. 

So we need ego and arrogance?  Honest to God, stop with the self promotion, "better than the rest" stuff.  Unless you've made it to the NHL, you're just a nobody like the rest of us.

55 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

So we need ego and arrogance?  Honest to God, stop with the self promotion, "better than the rest" stuff.  Unless you've made it to the NHL, you're just a nobody like the rest of us.

Pretty much zero ‘self-anything’ in my post, but, as you were. 

whatever you say, Deb...

Have a nice day. 

Wide berth.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

What if someone (me) was the captain of their grade seven intramural dodgeball team?  True I was only on the team because the girls had to have at least one boy, but I was the Captain.  I figure that experience (we won the bronze!) makes me somewhat more knowledgeable than your average nobody. :frantic:

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What if someone (me) was the captain of their grade seven intramural dodgeball team?  True I was only on the team because the girls had to have at least one boy, but I was the Captain.  I figure that experience (we won the bronze!) makes me somewhat more knowledgeable than your average nobody. :frantic:

I won the 4 steps to stardom bowling championship when I was 11.  Put me behind the bench!

Seriously, we are all Canucks and no one here is better than anyone else.  So much bravado lately but you don't need to bring a Resume to be a fan.

The FIRE GREEN crowd hasn't convinced me.  We're doing pretty well considering this still is a "new" team by most respects.  Ebbs and flows but their compete level is there and I see a determined, proud bunch.  

A few weeks ago people were selling the farm.  Relax, enjoy the ride and let the coaching staff do their thing (until they see the light and hire one of our own, overlooked candidates).  Last night was a good indicator that they have a handle on "their" team.  I'm just here to cheer them on.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ABNucksfan said:

Man that was a few months ago. Guess i got over it. 

scouting report and game sheet for the Canucks on Oct 9, 2019 was... Canucks suck ass.

so what Doughty was pissed that they lost to the worst team in the league (over the last 5 years)

hes got 2 cup rings and hes just one player, canucks have zero over 50 years. Time to move on just makes us even more whiny of a fan base. 

In one breath:   "get over it...a few months ago".

In the next:  "over 50 years".

Doughty should have used tact and made it about him, not us.  We're not a "worse" team because each year is a reset..."get over it" means he should likely not carry the past into the here and now and "expect" to win.  Have to earn the win. 

He learned the hard way.  Last I checked we've got their number.  But he's made the games even more fun....the jeering him got the crowd into it when there were lulls.

He whined, we're just pointing it out.

For the record, those two rings aren't helping lately?  DD used to be a favourite of mine...until he started whining.  I love rivalries and we've been lacking some of the intensity in those lately.  So I thank Drew for upping the ante....makes it more interesting. image.png

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lmm said:

are you suggesting that "TLT" t-shirts are not a cheap copy of the "BOJ" phenomenom of 2018-19?

OK then...

Do you think we made up TLT?  That would be a cheap copy.  We're just using what was gifted to us...and it's fun and we don't care.  People take this stuff WAAAAY too seriously.

• Upvote 1