The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December/January (29-04) 2019/2020

Rate this topic

49 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Colin Campbell is and always will be a f***ing loser:

Came to post the above, nice to see it’s already here.

The clock should have been fixed, simple as that. Campbell and the league dying on this sword doesn’t look good, when it’s clear what should have occurred.

Good on Torts for not only being passionate (which isn’t surprising from anyone directly invested), but also saying publicly how a lot of fans feel many times about decisions made (or not made) by the NHL. His comments are a breathe of fresh air.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

do you think it's ok he "oversaw" a series his son was in and got to make decisions on the series of events? 

If I remember correctly, he recused himself.

Now it was 8 years ago, so my memory could be hazy. And like everything else in my life, I moved on from something that happened 8 years ago the day after it happened. Because it’s sports, and it literally doesn’t change my life or state of mind one iota.

So yeah, I do find it funny. It’s 8 years ago, and it’s sports entertainment. Not my daughter’s first steps or even my daughter peeing on the floor. It means that little to me.

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

:lol: Not Colin’s fault the Canucks couldn’t score more than 8 goals in 7 games.

I think the main problem there was the  Rome suspension. Even if Campbell didn't directly decide the length, him being in the office would influence the decision.

But he shows again that he has no interest in the truth, and anyone who questions it will be punished. I understand protecting the officials, and that should be the case on subjective calls, but not in every situation (i.e. the CBJ one).

Campbell reminds me of this guy:

spacer.png

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Master Mind said:

I think the main problem there was the  Rome suspension. Even if Campbell didn't directly decide the length, him being in the office would influence the decision.

But he shows again that he has no interest in the truth, and anyone who questions it will be punished. I understand protecting the officials, and that should be the case on subjective calls, but not in every situation (i.e. the CBJ one).

I honestly never had a problem with the Rome suspension. To me, it was a suspendible hit at the time, regardless of who was in charge. Also, even if it wasn’t suspendible, which everyone can have their opinion of whether it was or wasn’t, Rome (to me) was not a positive difference maker at any point in his career, especially defensively. But that’s neither here nor there, because IMO, it was a suspendible hit.

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Campbell reminds me of this guy:

spacer.png

:lol: