The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December/January (29-04) 2019/2020

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Vegas is playing Anaheim right now. Should be lots of big hits and fights based on their previous encounter.

Well I couldn't have been more wrong...  too bad, I was hoping to see our Pacific rivals taking each other out.  I hate both teams equally. 

We still have Chicago and the NY Rangers to cheer for!  I don't care about the Kings, they're done this season. 

Galaxy brain proposal: rip off the Flames for Johnny Gaudreau while his value is low, prop up his numbers by playing him with Pettersson, flip him to a contender at the deadline for a king's ransom. Worth a try, right?

Meanwhile, the Sharks will likely finish the night 3rd last in the league and don't have their first-round pick this year. You hate to see it (obvious sarcasm implied).

On 12/30/2019 at 10:24 AM, D-Money said:

It’s not just that Korp has been playing very well. They haven’t won a single game with their backup Merzlikins in net (0-4-4).

Got his 1st win (36 saves) against Florida and Bobrovsky's 1st time back since leaving.  He would have been 1st star if not for Werenski getting a hat trick.  

Edited by mll

18 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Who gets to take injured Darcy Kuemper’s place at the all star game ? Arizona needs a representative but the Pacific division also needs another goalie. 

A long shot but maybe Markstrom and an Arizona forward gets slotted in ?

Last year Price declined to participate coming back from injury and they replaced him with Vasilevskiy - Montreal ended with no representative.  Don't think they'll add 2 players to replace 1 and the Pacific needs a 2nd goalie.  Markstrom looks to be the likely choice if Kuemper can't go.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1