The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson to represent Canucks at the NHL All-Star

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Quinn Hughes has more points than any of the Pacific division defencemen named to the ASG (Giordano, Fowler, Burns). He's a -6 on the year but Brent Burns made it despite having a plus-minus of -22 and fewer points in more games. 

I don't always love using charts like this because of how easily they can be misused, but look at this and tell me Burns has played better defensively than Hughes:

image.png.94532516b0ab40ee5412f581178a8880.png

Hughes was snubbed because he isn't as recognizable as Burns, plain and simple.

Burns wasn’t named to the all star game, so far only 1 defenseman from the pacific is named and that’s Giordano. Last year, Giordano would have been a no brainer but this year though, it is a bit iffy. Edler has better points per game than him just an FYI.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Quinn Hughes has more points than any of the Pacific division defencemen named to the ASG (Giordano, Fowler, Burns). He's a -6 on the year but Brent Burns made it despite having a plus-minus of -22 and fewer points in more games. 

I don't always love using charts like this because of how easily they can be misused, but look at this and tell me Burns has played better defensively than Hughes:

image.png.94532516b0ab40ee5412f581178a8880.png

Hughes was snubbed because he isn't as recognizable as Burns, plain and simple.

Don't they have to take someone from each team?  Who else should be there for the (leopard) Sharks?

I agree Huggy deserves it more than Burns, and would be awesome to see him thrive in 3x3 for a whole game.

5 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Burns wasn’t named to the all star game, so far only 1 defenseman from the pacific is named and that’s Giordano. Last year, Giordano would have been a no brainer but this year though, it is a bit iffy. Edler has better points per game than him just an FYI.

You're right, Burns didn't make it. Looks like the selections are heavily weighted towards forwards this year:

A bit more palatable this way, but still would have been nice to see Hughes there.

37 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

minor quibble, is Petey truly on pace for most goals and points or are they projecting him to not miss any more games ? I think his points per game played is a little lower than last year?

And congratulations Elias.

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Watch'em send Makar. It'll help them(exposure/sensation) justifying gifting him the Calder, if it's a dogfight with our guy.

He hasn't been selected.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 2

Burns - 26 pts in 40 games

Hughes - 28 pts in 39 games

Burns is will be getting the invite because of his binner beard and toothless grin. Fan favourite I guess. Kind of like PK Subban the Clown always being invited. It's entertainment folks.

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1