The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Update) Quinn Hughes voted into NHL All-Star Game (Last Man Standing)

Rate this topic

Pete M

Getting an error signing in, so they don't need my votes.

Anyways..

Quinn is a revelation, and despite the optics gained by a rookie getting a showcase at the ASG, which definitely pumps up their Calder hopes, he should let his play in the second half of the season do the talking.

His season's trajectory, in combination with his role and overall contribution to the team, should probably be enough if he and Makar are close in points.

Quinn is nearly leading the league in a bunch of stats, not just for rookies, but all D!

Edited by xereau
  • Like 1

Just now, xereau said:

Anyways..

Quinn is a revelation, and despite the optics gained by a rookie getting a showcase at the ASG, which definitely pumps up their Calder hopes, he should let his play in the second half of the season do the talking.

His season's trajectory, in combination his role and overall contribution to the team, should probably be enough if he and Makar in points.

Quinn is nearly leading the league in a bunch of stats, not just for rookies, but all D!

Quinn is a possession and shot differential phenom.  

5 minutes ago, xereau said:

Anyways..

His season's trajectory, in combination with his role and overall contribution to the team, should probably be enough if he and Makar are close in points.

Kinda feel like I’m saying “shutout” with a minute left in a game but QH makes me think Lidstrom-lite. He’s got moves like Jagger...

I was on the fence about him going or not. With the bonus negligible in this case, if he wants to go, then I think he should be voted in. Would be a good experience for him and Petey to go together and hopefully create a better team bond and maybe they will want to sign cheaper to build a team together amongst the rest of the young core. In terms of rest, it's not like he will be playing a ton, but the only issue is more travel. It looks like we play our last game before the All Star game on Jan 18, then again on Jan 27 (with the all Star festivities I believe on Jan 23-25), so he will get a decent break regardless.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:21 PM, FutureFilm said:

As much as i want the guys to rest....im gonna be voting for Hughes to go. think he deserves it. Would be pretty awesome to see him and Makar a couple of young d-men ripping it up at the All Star Game. 

If they continue playing like they currently are they'll be there next year. Don't worry about it folks.

I still cant believe we got Petterson and Hughes back to back. Just when the league screwed us some more with the draft lottery, we end up with the top player in 2017 and a bonafide top 3 player and arguably the best d-man in 2018. I think that's the Hockey Gods sorting out Bettman and his cronies. 

Glad we weren't in a position where we had to choose between a clear cut highly ranked player vs petterson or Hughes. That's the pitfall of Detroit having to pick Zadina because they didnt want to be the team that passed on a potential 50 goal scorer. Lucky for us, that meant we got Hughes. 

Edited by CanucksJay

On 12/31/2019 at 6:20 PM, coolboarder said:

I'd rather rest Hughes and he can play in All-star game next season.  He is a rookie and we need him at his best, not fatigue due to travelling as we have enough travelling as it is.  

Lame.

Fyi, you can log out and log back in and recast a vote after reaching you max 10 votes. Not sure if it's viable towards vote total but I've done it about a dozen times for Hugheez. My kid was also able to do it on his computer. Not only can you change your vote but you can just vote for Hughes only and not pick anyone else from other divisions, then submit it 10xs. I've tried it several times. Also on Chrome. Post back if anyone else can do this.