Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evan Rodrigue requests trade


Ossi Vaananen
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Monty said:

Evan Rodrigue through agent: Hey Jason, Evan requests a trade.

 

Jason Botterill: Your wish is my command. Have fun!

 

35191F7A-9907-4DE8-93AA-B3E330D00ED7.jpeg

At least Buffalo is within a drive to New York, and other cool cities.  Edmonton is close to Calgary.  :lol:  I guess Okatokes isn’t too bad.  :lol:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Buffalo is the Surrey of the upstate New York area

Buffalo is the Penticton of the New York Area.....  

 

At least in Buffalo you can easily visit other cool places... unlike Penticton......

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bitter Melon said:

Winnipeg, Detroit, St Louis  etc are by most metrics a worse place to live than Buffalo, and we aren't seeing a mass amount of players requesting trades from there. I still think there's something in the water there hasn't been addressed. Let's not jump to blaming the city.

No doubt Edmonton and Calgary are also worse places to live.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

No doubt Edmonton and Calgary are also worse places to live.....

Calgary as much as I love to crap on it isn't that bad. Its in many ways a poor man's Vancouver. Edmonton is a tossup. The point is more goes into making a city a nice place to live than how cold it gets in the winter.

Edited by Bitter Melon
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Calgary as much as I love to crap on it isn't that bad. Its in many ways a poor man's Vancouver. Edmonton is a tossup. The point is more goes into making a city a nice place to live than how cold it gets in the winter.

Cold, icy winters makes a city a nightmare, especially for us scooter goers.  That’s why the easterners who can afford it, retire out here.  I doubt those with the means retire in .bufallo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Cold, icy winters makes a city a nightmare, especially for us scooter goers.  That’s why the easterners who can afford it, retire out here.  I doubt those with the means retire in .bufallo. 

Well NHL players aren't geriatrics, so I don't think it has as much as an impact there as you do.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Well NHL players aren't geriatrics, so I don't think it has as much as an impact there as you do.

Not that I could be an NHL player, but after Montreal I’d say Edmonton might be the next best city to be a player.  But, that’s me.  I think the last time NHL players were polled, Edmonton and Buffalo were on the bottom of the list as destinations to play.  Winnipeg was the only city that was worse, according to the NHL players.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Not that I could be an NHL player, but after Montreal I’d say Edmonton might be the next best city to be a player.  But, that’s me.  I think the last time NHL players were polled, Edmonton and Buffalo were on the bottom of the list as destinations to play.  Winnipeg was the only city that was worse, according to the NHL players.  

Pretty much every single hockey player wants to play in Montreal...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alflives said:

Not that I could be an NHL player, but after Montreal I’d say Edmonton might be the next best city to be a player.  But, that’s me.  I think the last time NHL players were polled, Edmonton and Buffalo were on the bottom of the list as destinations to play.  Winnipeg was the only city that was worse, according to the NHL players.  

That's a values thing. Markets where you can't leave your house without getting swarmed are super appealing to some players and a nightmare to others. And the biggest factor in Edmonton and Buffalo being at the bottom of the list is how bad those teams have been over the course of the last decade.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...