The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade Michael Frolik to Sabres for 2020 4th-round pick

22 minutes ago, Quantum said:

The Calgary Flames just cleared 4.3 mill in cap space on an expiring deal. Watch them make a bigger move in the weeks leading up to the deadline.

yeah they did it quite cheaply as well. Nice to have healthy assets to move. 

• Cheers 1

I like this deal for both teams... I think its safe to say Buffalo could end up being the bigger winner... but this opens up a spot for the Phlegms immediately and moves a struggling player out of the locker room.

Good trade.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Sorry SF1..but Sabs should trade their 50 contracts with the PNW, & start fresh with a clean slate.

Drop/trade 49.  Keep Eichel.

Unfortunately I'm not even sure that would work.  It seems that something is broken in the organization and Botterill is either playing the long game or he's not a good GM.  Jury is still out.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

Sutter and Baer should have similar value in the final year of their contracts? 

I thinks Sutter should fetch a 3rd as he's a decent shutdown centremen, maybe even at this deadline if Benning shows a willingness to move him. Baer has no value at his cap hit while playing in the AHL.

20 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Drop/trade 49.  Keep Eichel.

Unfortunately I'm not even sure that would work.  It seems that something is broken in the organization and Botterill is either playing the long game or he's not a good GM.  Jury is still out.

I think Dahlin might be the problem.  He may want to come home to play with Petey, Marky and Edler.  And he wants to see the Sedin retirement party.  

Demko, Juolevi and a 2nd?

• Haha 1