The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U.S. air strike kills top Iranian military general and Iraqi commander at Baghdad’s international airport

nuckin_futz

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

They already did it in September and managed to take a huge amount of Saudi production offline. Though is was restored pretty quickly. Those production facilities are virtually unprotected.

The Saudi's already have plenty of weaponry. But how do you protect those huge facilities?

My point is that you can only bloody someone's noses so many times before they strike back.  The Saudis are arming themselves to do just that (as well as to control unrest when the oil money starts to dry up and they can no longer give their citizens free cash).

49 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I was embarrassed when I read how little ammunition a once proud Canadian regiment was given each month to practice shooting with.  I'm trying to remember it's name.  I posted on CDC once about it.  It is named after a past UK princess.

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry?

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry?

Yes.  They were once a great unit.  Very important in WW2.  There's an article that I linked in the Canadian armed forces thread that talks about how much Canada let them decline over the decades to the point where even their practice ammunition was severely limited.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

I was embarrassed when I read how little ammunition a once proud Canadian regiment was given each month to practice shooting with.  I'm trying to remember it's name.  I posted on CDC once about it.  It is named after a past UK princess.

Princess Patricias? PPCLI probably 

3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

so i guess now the iranians will respond?

there will be escalation??

which side will be more stupid?

exactly why did trump cancel/withdraw from the treaty with Iran?

maga ?

Oh you bet your ass Iran will respond

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Please tell what on earth you think Iran can do?

No it isn't Russia won't get involved. A war with Iran has been imminent for 40 years. There is nothing Iran can do, the US navy already patrols all around Iran with destroyers and missile cruisers. I realize you guys love to hate Trump but Iran likely says a few things and that's it.

I doubt that very much

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Iran knows this and won't be that stupid. The US already has air and naval capabilities that can destroy Iran in the area. I get it people want to hate the US while supporting Canadian defense cuts. Imagine a US going bankrupt, Russia just walks in.

I agree, I definitly hate Russia alittle more then I hate the US. The worst is traveling the world and being mistaken for an American, nothing sucks more

3 hours ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Iran has consistently threatened to rip out the "cancer" of Israel from the Middle East. Iran refers to America as the "Great Satan" and Israel as his offspring. For the last 75 years, Iran has made these threats. Under the nuclear deal, Obama chose the policy of appeasement and so he Iran 150 Billion dollars to Iran, promising many sanctions would be lifted so they could continue their nuclear enrichment activities...all for national "energy" purposes of course.

Iran doesn't want peace with the US or Israel, they want "Islamic" peace with the US and Israel subjugated under Islamic Sharia law. That will NEVER happen and tonight is just the start of what is sure to turn into a clash of civilizations, the 21 century civilization vs 17th century civilization.

That’s not right, the 150 billion was money held within various banking systems because of Iranian actions as a sponsor of terrorism, but there is a reason that the funds should not have gone to Iran.  There were huge legal claims against those assets by the families of victims of Iranian sponsored terrorist acts.

As for the 1.5 billion, that was allegedly for arms paid for and never delivered, any human being with a trace of morality would have told Iran that, “You don’t get the arms and you don’t get the money.” That too, should have been directed toward the claims of victims.  But that’s just not how the Dems roll - they are in the business of creating victims, not compensating them.

For a real view of the nature of the creatures involved in the Democratic Party, read “Clinton Cash” and its sequel by Peter Schweitzer.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

I doubt that very much

1 minute ago, Sbriggs said:

I agree, I definitly hate Russia alittle more then I hate the US. The worst is traveling the world and being mistaken for an American, nothing sucks more

I admit I have had a couple drinks but I. Confused. I agree Russia and the Us create wars all over the place if that is your point. In this case I don't see Russia involved even in 1979 the Soviet union took Iraq's side Russia uses iran.

• Cheers 1