The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 02, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Tre Mac said:

Two weeks ago 90% of CDC wanted Green gone.  Hopefully people see how asinine of an idea that would've been.  Not only was that a great timeout but he also threw Gaudette out in the third when he probably played his worse game of the year and got rewarded big time.  Green for Jack Adams.  Players love him, no mind games, no bs with the media.  Extend this man JB.

I wouldn't say 90% but it was high.  At least 50%.

It was a heart attack game until Hughes scored that beauty - then the tables turned

Great team win last night - hey hey goodbye Hawks

The team is looking good - no Sutter, no Ferland and take a look at out prospects

Now the question for me (and maybe a few others on CDC) is -can I live long enough to see this team hoist the CUP -

on to the next

Go Canucks Go

13 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Two weeks ago 90% of CDC wanted Green gone.  Hopefully people see how asinine of an idea that would've been.  Not only was that a great timeout but he also threw Gaudette out in the third when he probably played his worse game of the year and got rewarded big time.  Green for Jack Adams.  Players love him, no mind games, no bs with the media.  Extend this man JB.

You want jb gone so there is that

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

You want jb gone so there is that

Yeah, I don't think he can handle the cap.  Hope he proves me wrong though if not c'est la vie.  He's got a lot of important roster decisions to make - starting with the goaltending.    

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I wouldn't say 90% but it was high.  At least 50%.

As per Burke, it was the usual 10-15% vocal but "insane lunatic fringe."  Cannot judge the fanbase on twitter, radio, or even CDC because the whiners are always the loudest and most impatient, reactionary, and panicky.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

Selkie level play from him to date this season.  

Nope.  
Not even close.  
He had a great game, but be realistic here. He isn’t having the greatest year, and isn’t even gonna get a sniff at being called the best defensive forward in the league. 
maybe in a handful of years when his d game is actually really good. Hahahah

22 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah, I don't think he can handle the cap.  Hope he proves me wrong though if not c'est la vie.  He's got a lot of important roster decisions to make - starting with the goaltending.    

I think he's getting more help on that front now. The way things are now, as long as there isn't another anchor signing we should be fine to keep all the main pieces. Bear and Sutter, the Spooner buyout all off the books after next year. Maybe Loui takes a graceful exit after the next bonus... although he is looking renewed with Pearson and Bo so at least we're getting better value in the last bit and if that continues thats a huge help.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I think he's getting more help on that front now. The way things are now, as long as there isn't another anchor signing we should be fine to keep all the main pieces. Bear and Sutter, the Spooner buyout all off the books after next year. Maybe Loui takes a graceful exit after the next bonus... although he is looking renewed with Pearson and Bo so at least we're getting better value in the last bit and if that continues thats a huge help.

Can't deny what I typed but for the most part it was 'well if someone is getting fired I rather JB over Green.'  No one can deny the great drafting Benning has done, I just don't have much faith in him to handle the cap going forward.  Another management hire could help with that as well.  I also don't like how he has taken control over the medical staff, I think this is overlooked and has taken a step backwards versus previous regimes. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Sounds like 3/4 of CDC regarding Green or whatever the latest troll target is.

Negative... maybe HF boards but not CDC...

There were negativity from some, but the vast majority were either on the fence or had trust in Benning...

Benning has been vindicated on this one...