The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 02, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Really? They never would have made it you the finals without kes! 

And really? It took the game to change to make the Sedins into stars.....

kes on the other hand..

also which other centre in the league at the time would you take over kes?

kes made up for what the Sedins lacked. 

Liked Kes as a player and as a key contributor......but I would gladly have taken Sidney Crosby. Geno Malkin, Johnny Toews, Patrice Bergeron, Pavel Datsyuk, and yes, Henrik Sedin, just to name  a few, over Kesler, back in those days.

Kesler will never be remembered for his Stanley Cup rings. Will he even make it to te Hall of Fame?

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Liked Kes as a player and as a key contributor......but I would gladly have taken Sidney Crosby. Geno Malkin, Johnny Toews, Patrice Bergeron, Pavel Datsyuk, and yes, Henrik Sedin, just to name  a few, over Kesler, back in those days.

Kesler will never be remembered for his Stanley Cup rings. Will he even make it to te Hall of Fame?

Okay I pointed this out to another poster, why would you compare kes to first line centres , he was a second line with third line wingers. 

I would think so he is 6 time selke finalist and during the time there was some great two was centres , also to put up 40 goals with the wingers he had( I know he was on the first suit power play) 

but the same can be said about the Sedins to the cup part.... 

The whole point I'm trying to make they needed each there , people should give kes the credit for what he did. 

The Sedins were never going to shut down the other team so they got one of the best shut down centres to balance them out and how the Sedin legacy is tied to kes too , thx to kes we got to see the Sedins score goals while kes did the dirty work... 

So yes kes helped build their legacy....

oh if any centre would do how come the Sedins didn't make to much noise until kes came  into his own. 

so yes kes helped build the legend of the Sedins , also those Sedins team wouldn't have been the same without kes , they go hand in hand. 

19 hours ago, 250Integra said:

sad chicago blackhawks GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

This stinking piece of $&!# just about injured Hughes when interferring with him, stretching Hughes leg back like that and forcing him to the ice.

And of course, No Call!

"We know who they are Taves", "15 Cent Cabbie-and-Hooker-Beating  Kane", and "Done-Con-Cussin Keith" get away with murder.

Would love to beat the crap out of these pukes in the playoffs!

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Well if you read my posts then you would know I've been talking about the Canuck kes not the ducks.....

also I thought posters were smart enough to compare second line centres to each other, how was I suppose to know you would just look at the scoring race of the time and just write the first line centres

ha opps context lol

Listen Rowdy, why don't you look at your own posts to understand why other posters respond the way they do.

You said Kes was the top centre and asked posters which other centre they would want?  If you meant Kes was the best 2nd line centre and what other 2nd line centre would others posters want, then type out those words.

Your own poor sentence structure does not help you arguments here at all.

This is like having an online discussion with a 10 year old that cannot fully explain themselves.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay I pointed this out to another poster, why would you compare kes to first line centres , he was a second line with third line wingers. 

I would think so he is 6 time selke finalist and during the time there was some great two was centres , also to put up 40 goals with the wingers he had( I know he was on the first suit power play) 

but the same can be said about the Sedins to the cup part.... 

The whole point I'm trying to make they needed each there , people should give kes the credit for what he did. 

The Sedins were never going to shut down the other team so they got one of the best shut down centres to balance them out and how the Sedin legacy is tied to kes too , thx to kes we got to see the Sedins score goals while kes did the dirty work... 

So yes kes helped build their legacy....

oh if any centre would do how come the Sedins didn't make to much noise until kes came  into his own. 

so yes kes helped build the legend of the Sedins , also those Sedins team wouldn't have been the same without kes , they go hand in hand. 

Wadr..... I was enjoying the give and take between yourself and other posters, a respectful dialogue to be sure. Your passionate case for Kesler is diminished when you ask a question like the one I responded to.

Yes, there are other centres that I would have ahead of Kesler.  Were there any second line centres that I would have taken ahead of Kesler? The obvious one is Geno Malkin. Maybe Dustin Brown, a guy that won two cups. Those players also helped build legends, but probably only Malkin makes the HOF. 
Keslers wingers were not made better by playing with Kesler. He was a shoot first centre, through and through.

Don’t worry, Kesler received his fair share of the credit for the Canucks success. Then he left to win a cup with the Ducks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I never said bo liked to lose but kes could have helped. Taking face offs against kes in practice would have helped too. 

how can you say that? There are times when Bo goes kes and plays big and hard so you don't think kes would be able to bring that out even more?

as I said before Nazzy and the Sedins lead with what they could and bo could do more....

how could kes helped this team even more? He knew it was either the Sedins out the door or him, also every year he played in van look at who he played with....I don't blame him for wanting out , its not like gillis found him a Hossa or sharpe to play with....Canucks failed kes that way and that's why I don't blame him. 

I wish they would have traded the Sedins and kept kes but no point bringing that up. 

You are clueless buddy.  You think anyone will give you any credibility when you say utterly ridiculous things about the Sedins? 

I can tell you have zero true knowledge of the game and clearly you have never played the game because anyone who has stepped on the ice in a competitive game would be able to see the sheer talent the Sedins possess.

I strongly suggest you sit on the posting sideline and leave the posting to those of us that actually know the game 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

This stinking piece of $&!# just about injured Hughes when interferring with him, stretching Hughes leg back like that and forcing him to the ice.

And of course, No Call!

"We know who they are Taves", "15 Cent Cabbie-and-Hooker-Beating  Kane", and "Done-Con-Cussin Keith" get away with murder.

If it makes you feel better Toews may have injured or at least hurt Lehner enough to cause a goal against. I like Lehner though and I'd rather Toews not try hurt anybody.

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

Did Willie mentor Green the 3 years he was in Vancouver and Green in Utica?

Who knows, but it was reported that Green still talks to Tortorella. He even asked him about Motte when we acquired him. So he still has ties to "veteran" coaches.

53 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Listen Rowdy, why don't you look at your own posts to understand why other posters respond the way they do.

You said Kes was the top centre and asked posters which other centre they would want?  If you meant Kes was the best 2nd line centre and what other 2nd line centre would others posters want, then type out those words.

Your own poor sentence structure does not help you arguments here at all.

This is like having an online discussion with a 10 year old that cannot fully explain themselves.

I figured most people would look at the second line when their comparing Kes to a centre since that was his role on the team. 

That's my bad , I figured that was applied. 

Or did I ever say kes was better then Sedins? 

No I said he helped build their legend , the Sedins and kes balanced each other and the Sedins wouldn't have been the same without kes to free up the Sedins to play more ozone time. 

So can you honestly say the Sedins didn't need kes ? 

Well yea in theory look at it likes this that draft the panthers were shopping first overall and at the time I think they would have been interested in the Sedins , so if they trade the Sedins the turn around would have been a lil shorter but I'm not going threw all the what ifs. 

Look at it like this....kes plays the style Jim wanted here and kes would have been great for a guy like Jake coming into the league and but that's mho. 

Jim didn't plan on trading Kesler, he wanted out. Even if we wanted him here and felt he would help our team, Kesler didn't give us that option. He has every right to feel like our team was on the decline and we were, but Kesler didn't want to be part of our rebuild, he didn't want the role of helping Bo. We want guys that want to be Canuck and want our forwards to instill that especially coming for our captain.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I figured most people would look at the second line when their comparing Kes to a centre since that was his role on the team. 

No I said he helped build their legend , the Sedins and kes balanced each other and the Sedins wouldn't have been the same without kes to free up the Sedins to play more ozone time. 

Kesler was a warrior for us...ask any Flames fan why they hate the Canucks so much ... the names that are talked about are Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa and LaPierre....Kesler gave his best years to the Canucks...you're correct to say Kesler was a player that kicked ass...and was one of our best players ever....he brought more than goals and assists.

The team declined when these players left the team or when the players started to decline....that shows how important they were to the success of the president trophy winning teams.

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• -SN- unpinned and unfeatured this topic
18 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Yes.

If the Sedins had Malkin or Brown like another poster stated as their 2nd line centre, maybe they would have won the Stanley Cup?

Do you see how silly the question is?  

Who the hell knows if they would have done much worse or much better.  No-bod-eeee!!!

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yes.

If the Sedins had Malkin or Brown like another poster stated as their 2nd line centre, maybe they would have won the Stanley Cup?

Who the hell knows if they would have done much worse or much better.  No-bod-eeee!!!

And you could make the debate  would kesler have a cup if Crosby or Toews was his number one centre ? 

( I'm talking prime kes FYI)

it works both ways , that's why I give kes credit with helping building the Sedins legacy cause they needed each other and balanced each other....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yes.

Do you realize this all started cause a poster said the Sedins will be remember as legends and kesler will be forgotten.......

3 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

And of course, No Call!

Toews isnt dirty at all, honestly one of my favourite players reminds me of BO, but yeah that non call that lead to the goal was BS.

Wanted to circle back on Markstrom as even though he didn't have as strong a game last night he made huge saves when he had to. He has solidified himself as a #1 in my eyes. 

Filtering goalies who have played 25+ games this season and sorting by save%, Marky comes in at #7.  Has the 3rd most shots against in the top 10 and is ahead of names like Binnington, Andersen, Fleury, Price and Holtby.  Plus, I love how awesome he is at stacking the pads a la Kirk McLean.

If we could find a solid veteran backup while DiPietro develops, we could move Demko in a package for what hopefully would be a young RD.

Screenshot_20200103-203828_Chrome.jpg

• Cheers 1