The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unsung hero so far???

Rate this topic

Junkyard Dog

10 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

Pearson. Never hear anything about him while he quietly racks up the points. He has been the highest scorer in the last 22 games.

He flies under the radar and is quietly putting together a very good season. Also Pearson is the kind of forward that will excel in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Pearson for sure. Miller isn't even close to unsung. I'm constantly hearing and reading from posters that he's our MVP. Pearson's on pace for 60 points this year, yet there's still the notion that Horvat doesn't have any top six wingers to play with.

i think you should re read the thread announcing the trade for him

posting since that time

has not quite counter balanced the initial views about him

:P

• Upvote 2

Travis Green. Maybe even Newell Brown as well.

As for players, most have been said, so I'd like to throw Motte out there as well. Rejuvenated 4th line with his return which gives us a whole line that can eat up minutes and provide support in a shutdown role to ease the minutes from the other lines to maximize their output.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Edler is quietly having his best year since 2011-2012 all while missing 10 games.  In those 10 games we went 5-5 and since he's been back we've won 4 in a row.  Pearson is also quietly having his best year ever, on pace for 60 points.  

So I would say Edler and Pearson are the unsung heroes.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to say Motte as well, all though there are a few different players that could be on this list. 

Motte makes the 

4th line a good 4th line, inserting Loui, Sutter etc on that line never made much sense. Motte means that we can play 4 lines not 3 with the 4th line occasionally coming in. 

We are much better with Motte in the lineup, Schaller and Beagle are also better with him as a linemate. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Stecher, guy is a work horse and very rarely do I ever feel like he does the wrong thing. 

Stecher for me as well.

Pearson is a close second. But forwards like Pearson, Leivo, Sutter do get praise when they have a good stretch of games. Meanwhile Stecher just goes on consistently doing his job, night after night, never complaining about being on the bottom pair or excluded from the PP. I don't know about his fancy stats, but with the eye test he seems to put in 100% every shift, and I contend he is our best defenseman, besides Hughes of course, at making the quick smart decisions with the puck even under pressure. Clearing the puck out of the zone and finding a forward to pass to. If he loses the puck, he ferociously skates to retake it. He uses position to make up for size expertly. Love the guy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NeilColville said:

Hughes, Markstrom, Pearson, Miller. When the entire team plays as a whole we win. Canucks are learning to over come adversity. Minus Loui dump and change Eriksson, we are getting better game by game . 

Could that be a reason to elect captain bo for this nod? 

1 minute ago, Stamkos said:

Could that be a reason to elect captain bo for this nod? 

No, Bo has slumped for most of the season. If he carries on like he did last night then he will be considered. Until then I think Pearson or Hughes gets that nod. Or if Tanev stays healthy for the remainder of the season he can be considered. 

1 minute ago, NeilColville said:

No, Bo has slumped for most of the season. If he carries on like he did last night then he will be considered. Until then I think Pearson or Hughes gets that nod. Or if Tanev stays healthy for the remainder of the season he can be considered. 

Bo isn't scoring as much as we'd all expect him to, but he's still winning faceoffs, playing the hard minutes, and playing them well. I'd even say he's a bit more tenacious this year in his play style. 

I rarely see credit given to Pearson on here. Usually things like who’s playing with Bo. Well guess what Pearson has been nothing but excellent line mate for him. The guys on pace for 60 points. Markstrom, Virtanen, Miller get praise but Where would we be without Pearson. Also a healthy Tanev is huge for the team he’s my runner up

3 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Bo isn't scoring as much as we'd all expect him to, but he's still winning faceoffs, playing the hard minutes, and playing them well. I'd even say he's a bit more tenacious this year in his play style. 

Bo is having a good season he’s on pace for a career high points. Or close to. I think it’s more the expectation of him being captain more than anything. We all know how fans of this teams exceptions can be well a little much at times  

2 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

He has had no choice playing with Eriksson. I am not counting out Bo as he has played hard, but he has also made many costly mistakes, and coughs up the puck a lot. He will turn it around in the second half. More consistency in his game is needed. Other than face offs. Which he has been great with.