The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unsung hero so far???

Rate this topic

Junkyard Dog

My choice is a Healthy Tanev.... he’s been great imo. Marky is the mvp.

love Gaud ,Jake and Demko shaping up and becoming solid Nhlers. They’re figuring things out...it’s all leveling upwards now.

The Canuck young super 4 core , i now am starting too add Gaud to the make it a 5 core, Jake will make the core a super 6pack.

Go Canucks Goo

278097D6-D8CB-47D7-8DD6-AC5BC9CB0A05.jpeg

In the true definition of an unsung hero (generally bottom 6 players) I give my vote to Tyler Motte. 

This guy has been a steal for us and does it all. He's getting some point now and again as a bonus.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/3/2020 at 2:32 AM, BrockBoester said:

JT Miller still doesn't get as much credit as he should

Our first line of Miller-Pete-Boeser is legit

OH yeah he does do you even listen bro? He definitely gets credit. Listen to a CBC broadcast one of these

days. They drool over the guy and they should hes an absolute stud. He reminds me of Yzerman, not that 

I think hes that good but with his demeanor and chill level.

25 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

OH yeah he does do you even listen bro? He definitely gets credit. Listen to a CBC broadcast one of these

days. They drool over the guy and they should hes an absolute stud. He reminds me of Yzerman, not that 

I think hes that good but with his demeanor and chill level.

I'm aware he gets lots of credit

I'm saying he should get even more lol

On 1/3/2020 at 10:58 AM, kilgore said:

Stecher for me as well.

Pearson is a close second. But forwards like Pearson, Leivo, Sutter do get praise when they have a good stretch of games. Meanwhile Stecher just goes on consistently doing his job, night after night, never complaining about being on the bottom pair or excluded from the PP. I don't know about his fancy stats, but with the eye test he seems to put in 100% every shift, and I contend he is our best defenseman, besides Hughes of course, at making the quick smart decisions with the puck even under pressure. Clearing the puck out of the zone and finding a forward to pass to. If he loses the puck, he ferociously skates to retake it. He uses position to make up for size expertly. Love the guy.

Agreed. Stecher is the only other Dman who plays a similar style to Hughes. He can quarterback the breakouts and doesn't shy away from pinching down deep to create chances yet always hustles back when the play goes the other way. Obviously he's not quite as skilled as Hughes so his efforts are rarely praised or even acknowledged by the CDC.

Tyler Motte for me, the guy improves our PK and gives us a 4th line that wins offensive posession.  

Plus he hits like a truck...  well more like a kamikaze. 

Stetcher. 

The guy has done everything that was asked of him up and down the lineup with different D partners. 

Effort has not been an issue in his entire career altho that shouldnt be the sole determination of being Unsung hero. 

His intensity and style of play often rubs off on his teammates and it's very positive. 

Who would have thought that Tanev would have played every single game this season. After some of the shots he's blocked, and at times where he looked like he was injured, he was right back out there the next game. 

2 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

Who would have thought that Tanev would have played every single game this season. After some of the shots he's blocked, and at times where he looked like he was injured, he was right back out there the next game. 

It is only halway through. Plenty of time left. Just sayin. 

Pearson  Unsung

markstrom mvp 

From a sports net article: 

the 27-year-old has amassed 10 goals and 24 points while continuing to play a two-way game that frequently sees him matched alongside centre Bo Horvat against the opposition’s best forwards.

Pettersson has 23 points, including 13 goals, over this period and Miller and Boeser each has 21 points in Vancouver’s last 23 games, so the internal scoring race is close

Edited by Tracksuit

Fantenberg needs some love here...….

Sat in the stands and watched and never complained and when he got his chance, he made the best of it and pushed Benn out

I don't know if he is unsung hero material or not...…..but you have to respect what he has done

Or maybe I just have a soft spot in my heart for guys like that....