The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kovalchuk signs with Montreal

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

According to some in this thread it was a terrible signing (despite ample evidence to the contrary) 

Terrible character guy, too. Coaches only put terrible influences, bad teammates, and awful people who never produce in overtime. Especially against their rivals :lol: 

• Haha 2

Always loved Kovy. Character guy. Left approximately 80 mill on table because he wanted to go play in his home country and advance the game there.

If a player left a couple of million on the table to come back to Canada he'd be considered a national treasure by TSN and CBC.

Heck players barely come back to Canada at market price. Tavares is the only superstar who did that. I had been saying for years on these forums that Tavares would go to Leafs as UFA. 

That was immensely pleasurable - watching Kovalchuk finish the Laffs last night, after blowing that lead with a complete cave-in.

Matthews floating vacantly between Suzuki and Kovalchuk...

Kinda signature of that build.  Cameraman trolling Dubas with repeat focus on both those Habs goals.   Fun stuff.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 1/3/2020 at 4:06 PM, Pavel the Bure said:

Kovalchuk done , best descriptions about today Kovalchuk = "Can’t move, doesn’t want to move, and his shot, which used to be lethal, is not good anymore," the scout added.

"the scout"

happy to remain

unnamed,

no doubt.

I have no interest in Kovalchuk, particularly at an escalated rental price.

But I hope the Habs get a good return for him if they do move him.

To Columbus would be my spitball. 

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/columbus-blue-jackets/line-combinations/

They could probably use him...

Send Roussel that way as well.

The Habs are 'only' 6 pts out - and winning - but they have also played a few or 3 games more than most teams they trail.

If they are sellers at the deadline, I'd take Nate Thompson off their hands - we could use the backbone alongside Beagle - and adding another outstanding faceoff guy is never a bad idea.

Thompspon probably won't cost what Kovalchuk will, either.  Forget about wasting 2nds on rentals - go for Thompson and Simmonds, and move Roussel's future cap in the process, while bringing in a future that to offset the modest cost of these other two.

• Like 1