The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kovalchuk signs with Montreal

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Kovy just playing ever deadly! What a steal for that price! Love to have Carey too that would just be slick asf! Marky + Suter + Myers +  and our Second for

Weber + Price and 25-35% salary retained + Kovalchuck;) why not lolol wishful thinking but what evs:) 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Seen before where some players just fair better in Eastern or Western conferences. Kovulchuk may just be in his comfort zone in the East.

Could also be that he realizes he’s done in North America if he doesn’t perform with Montreal. Not sure if that’s a huge incentive for him but it’s possible. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, teepain said:

Should we start calling the GM

waiver wire bergevin

Kovalchuk wasn’t a waiver wire claim. He was an unsigned free agent.  The only waiver wire pickup I can think of on the team is Paul Byron. And that worked out pretty damn well for Montreal 

• Cheers 1

This man is found money, though if GM was smart he'd at least wait until close to the end of this deal to see how much he really has in the tank before offering $$.  

Time and time again, pending UFA's fare especially well when their next deal is on the line only to tank when they have contract security.  

On 1/13/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

no, I really don't. Its a nothing move, Bergevin doesn't know what he's doing. 

Risky argument to make he could easily counter with some of jBs decisions over the past couple years.

15 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Just impressive production for a guy who looked totally done a few months ago 

I will honestly say I think playing in the east iis playing a role in his production but nevertheless if the Canucks had a cheap guy doing this Jb would be praised and that player would be worth three 1st rounders and a prospect.