The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green just misses All-Star coach?

Rate this topic

wesley

Gerard Gallant of the Vegas Golden Knights will be a coach at NHL All-Star Weekend later this month. Gallant's Golden Knights (.591, 23-15-6) have the highest points percentage in the Pacific division through Thursday's games.

VGK beat Flyers 5-4 last night. Had they lost (any loss), the Canucks would have the highest points percentage (.585) and Travis Green would be in!

38 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It's been decided already? I thought there was a tweet that said that Vegas needed to win their next two games for it to be decided. There's still a few games before the ASG and we could very well pass them in that time.

I think it was announced today

Edit:

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-all-star-game-coaches-revealed/c-313423712

Edited by BrockBoester

5 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

In before the he can’t even make the all star team, fire green crowed come in.

almost got it greener! What a difference a 2 weeks make maybe next year :towel:

Some fans wanted him gone and he almost clawed his way to being an all star coach. Go figure.

• Cheers 4

It's kind of a weird system because we've only played 41 games and Vegas has played 44. If Vegas only had 43 games played (so discounting their win last night) they would have had a lower percentage than us. At 41 games for Vegas, they had 2 fewer wins than we do at 41. Or, if Vegas played 44 but we played game 42, and won, then again we would be ahead of Vegas in percentage. It's not a big deal, but what I'm saying is we definitely got shafted by the league again. What's new....

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, 33HankandDank22 said:

It's kind of a weird system because we've only played 41 games and Vegas has played 44. If Vegas only had 43 games played (so discounting their win last night) they would have had a lower percentage than us. At 41 games for Vegas, they had 2 fewer wins than we do at 41. Or, if Vegas played 44 but we played game 42, and won, then again we would be ahead of Vegas in percentage. It's not a big deal, but what I'm saying is we definitely got shafted by the league again. What's new....

It's okay, Green needs the break from telling the team to dump and chase the puck anyway.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

So you've missed our winning streak/success?

Whatever he's "telling" seems to be working.  

It was sarcasm Deb. That was for those that only believe Green was good for the dump and chase. I haven't missed anything, I've actually defended Green during our tough stretch.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, theo5789 said:

It was sarcasm Deb. That was for those that only believe Green was good for the dump and chase. I haven't missed anything, I've actually defended Green during our tough stretch.

Whew....thank goodness!   I thought so...ok, going to start day drinking so I can interpret these things correctly!

(I offer my sincere apology for the dropkick then)

• Cheers 2