The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom is going to the ASG

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

The league should be honored that the best of each position (F, D,G) from our team is likely going to take part in this.

Congrats Marky, he's come far from being a potential bust (when he was backing up/ platooning with other goalies) to establishing himself as a #1 workhorse.

• Upvote 2

While there is no question that Markstrom deserves the honour, I was secretly hoping he wouldn't go. Goalies are the most likely to get injured in the ASG, as it's all flash-and-dash, no defense, and easy to pull a groin with all the crazy moves that players make out there. Plus, goalies are pretty much a goat that whole weekend. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that he stays healthy through it all.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

While there is no question that Markstrom deserves the honour, I was secretly hoping he wouldn't go. Goalies are the most likely to get injured in the ASG, as it's all flash-and-dash, no defense, and easy to pull a groin with all the crazy moves that players make out there. Plus, goalies are pretty much a goat that whole weekend. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that he stays healthy through it all.

No kidding. I remember Gibson getting lit up the one time I watched the all star game haha. I’d just play stand up style If I were them. I’m personally not a fan of the all star game but I think it’s absolutely awesome for Marky. But like you said fingers crossed 

30 minutes ago, reyezone said:

That UFA price tag keeps going up.  

There are gonna be lots of guys that will go to bat for him just by getting to know him throughout the All Star weekend. Just his appearance there alone sets the bar up at least a half a million per season to whomever signs him.