The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of Trading for Jordan Greenway (Discussion)

sorry janishockeynut

i don't have much to contribute here

i'm not in favour of this trade proposal though

if we were to acquire this player it would not be cheap

we also would have to remove a player from the line up

who? and jumping to loui is presently not the easy answer anymore

he is playing well with pearson and bo

i think some thought has to also be given to our up and coming prospects

right now it appears jb has structured things

so that as the roster turns over, loui, sutter, beagle, etc have contracts expiring

we seem to have young players who we hope can come in and fill those slots

greenway would block someone (unless that prospect is traded for him)

and right now i think that pods will be the better player of these 2

given the recent winning streak

not sure that tinkering with the roster at this time is really a wise idea

maybe wait until the team is faltering a bit more

7 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

From the info I am getting, I am understanding we don't have a lot of info on him, but to be honest, most are liking him

As for cost, you don't get something of value for nothing.....totally understand that......

and I am not sure Minni would even consider trading him, so it would have to be good...…..

Where is Coastalview when you need him....????

I was thinking something along Demko, Madden and ?????

(this is not a proposal, just trying to starting to put some value of player towards the discussion)

If I'm the Wild I take that offer and run.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Greenway got tuned by Nurse in a fight. He's not as imposing a figure as he would seem.

In Greenway's defense, when Nurse isn't an Olympic diver he is a pretty tough customer. The fact he was even willing to fight Nurse is more than we can say about any one on the Canucks. Except Ferland but at this point I am thinking fighting may not be best for his health.

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

In Greenway's defense, when Nurse isn't an Olympic diver he is a pretty tough customer. The fact he was even willing to fight Nurse is more than we can say about any one on the Canucks. Except Ferland but at this point I am thinking fighting may not be best for his health.

Roussel took on Nurse. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Roussel took on Nurse. 

And Roussel got tuned as well. I'd still consider Roussel an imposing figure. Point is getting beat up by a very strong opponent is not an indictment of your toughness in my eyes. I don't imagine very many people wanna fight Greenway, regardless of how badly he lost to Nurse. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

And Roussel got tuned as well. I'd still consider Roussel an imposing figure. Point is getting beat up by a very strong opponent is not an indictment of your toughness in my eyes. I don't imagine very many people wanna fight Greenway, regardless of how badly he lost to Nurse. 

Fair enough. It's a real exercise in irony that someone as capable as Nurse is from a truculence perspective would be prone to diving as much as he is. 

• Upvote 2

Don't see why we'd trade for him. We have enough mediocre forwards that we can't keep them all in the lineup, and Minnesota would likely want a decent return for him. Greenway's main appeal is 'muh size'. If he were 6'1 I don't think anybody would be that keen on him.

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough. It's a real exercise in irony that someone as capable as Nurse is from a truculence perspective would be prone to diving as much as he is. 

Yeah it sucks to see. Want to like Nurse cause he’s good and tough player, but his diving really makes it difficult. He should be above that shenanigans. Then again Kes was pretty tough but wasn’t against diving. Lol. 

• Cheers 1

He'd be a nice piece to pick up, but considering how crowded our forward lines are (and will be for the foreseeable future), I don't think the cost would be worth it. As far as our forward lines are concerned, I feel as though Benning should stand pat and try and move some of the less desirable contracts out. We're going to have Hoglander, Podkolzin, Lind and Madden all pushing for spots in the not-too-distant future. No sense clogging up the forward lines even more, unless we can move out a bad contract in exchange, which is highly doubtful. 

No way I move Demko or Madden for him, let alone those two plus a third asset. The focus now should be the blueline imho. 

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 1