The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Need some advice from CDC's stoners

Rate this topic

JM_

5 minutes ago, reyezone said:

Perhaps a niche of gluten/ sugar free for those that have limited choices due to diet and health restrictions?

I'm sure diabetics and celiacs would appreciate a quality product with a high level of control over ingredients.

A local dispensary "Trees" (which was recently shut down) had a restaurant. The menu was top to bottom infused with cannabis, GF, Vegan etc.

I always have some infused olive oil and budder on hand. It's a great way to sneak your favorite ingredient into almost any dish you're preparing at home. You might miss out on the ritual aspect of a good toke, but it's an easy and discreet way to get high.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, luckylager said:

If you're actually interested in making a profitable business from edibles you'll need a LP as a partner. They give you the lab, trim,bottoms and distribution for a large stake; you provide the production, branding, marketing, packaging and sales reps.

If you have a legit good product with packaging and good branding, shop the product with some local LPs. You never know.

bingo. 

With the regulatory part, its interesting to me because its quite similar to medical devices which I have a lot of experience with, and thats what I'd bring to this thing. But the difference here is there's a ton of upfront work to get your cannabis producer licence, but its not like you have to keep doing that level of effort which is a bit different from medical devices and drugs which is a constant meat grinder of regulatory burdens. 

I don't know what I want do yet but this has been really helpful, thanks. 

• Cheers 1
14 hours ago, luckylager said:

A local dispensary "Trees" (which was recently shut down) had a restaurant. The menu was top to bottom infused with cannabis, GF, Vegan etc.

I always have some infused olive oil and budder on hand. It's a great way to sneak your favorite ingredient into almost any dish you're preparing at home. You might miss out on the ritual aspect of a good toke, but it's an easy and discreet way to get high.

Trees was shut down?? Bummer, I got some pre rolls and t shirts there last January 

On January 6, 2020 at 3:53 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

I know its not a great comparison, but it sounds like 10mg is something akin to a glass of wine. Ones enough for a newbie, but for others its nothing. 

The pricing is tough, you couldn't target newbies and regular users with the same product, it would be cost prohibitive I think. 

Interesrting stuff, thanks. 

You could if you set your prices similar to canaca pre rolls do. Which they sell in a three pack ones 15 bucks with a total of 63.6 mgs of thc and the other one is 20 bucks but has higher thc levels, those three packs fly out of the store, it's cheap and it's a decent stone and that's what people want , so just make sure what ever your making tastes good and has a kick and you'll have people coming back for more. 

Also there's all kinda of tricks to get people to buy it , heck I bought a pre roll of subway scientist cause of the name and also packaging can sell, if you can't complete with the big companies then do a three pack of cookies or along those lines, stoners  are an easy market , if you have good product and if you give deals. 

• Cheers 1
On January 6, 2020 at 5:33 PM, the grinder said:

over my head no  I looked in to it  and there is no way you can make any money at it   too much legal bs

You can you just need to

A grow your own weed. ( also depends which type your growing)

B use the waste to bake with

C make sure you have great stuff or do a package deal( like canaca, decent weed but people get it cause it's the best bang for your buck, also iirc their 3. Some grams is under 35 bucks in bud but there's better bud out there around that price but it still sells)

D catchy name and cool logo( so you can sell shirts , stickers , sweaters and so on

so one company three different ways to make money, don't even get me started on the tax right offs too ha

9 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

You could if you set your prices similar to canaca pre rolls do. Which they sell in a three pack ones 15 bucks with a total of 63.6 mgs of thc and the other one is 20 bucks but has higher thc levels, those three packs fly out of the store, it's cheap and it's a decent stone and that's what people want , so just make sure what ever your making tastes good and has a kick and you'll have people coming back for more. 

Also there's all kinda of tricks to get people to buy it , heck I bought a pre roll of subway scientist cause of the name and also packaging can sell, if you can't complete with the big companies then do a three pack of cookies or along those lines, stoners  are an easy market , if you have good product and if you give deals. 

thats where edibles is interesting to me, I think there might be ways to develop "craft" products around the food portion and differentiate that way. 

But I can't go off my opinion, I've never had an edible. Which is OK, its good practice to focus on what your customer wants, not what you want to make. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1