The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Predators fire Peter Laviolette, name John Hynes as new head coach

Rate this topic

Will be interesting to see what Hynes can do with a more experienced roster rather than a rebuilding team.  

Fan reaction looks to be mostly negative but former players are offering strong support to Hynes.   Talk of how he makes them accountable.  That's something Nashville needs.  Nashville's issue is not lack of ability/skills but rather uneven work ethic and weak mentally.  It's cliché but overall they are too easy to play against - they are not physically imposing and they also crumble at any sign of adversity.  

Nashville are 6th in goals for per game but their top-6 Fs are not particularly productive.  Josi and Ellis are top in scoring and have been their most consistent players. 

Josi has 44pts already - 16 pts more than the next players on the team.  Ellis, Duchene and Forsberg are tied at 28pts, Johansen 26 and Granlund only has 14pts as top-6 regulars.  Special teams have been terrible - the PK is 3rd worst and their PP is still one of the worse in the league.

56 minutes ago, Pears said:

This move makes no sense. Hynes is not a good coach and certainly not better than Laviolette. 

I admittedly don't know a lot about Hynes, but I'd be willing to bet that the same was said after the Buds replaced Babs with Sheldon Keefe....

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I admittedly don't know a lot about Hynes, but I'd be willing to bet that the same was said after the Buds replaced Babs with Sheldon Keefe....

I saw some reports that the TO fan base was happy with the move and wanted this guy in, I guess a lot like the calls for Green to get his chance here 

Scuderi was hired this summer by Nashville to work with their prospects as defence development coach.   They have retained Dan Lambert and Dan Muse as assistant coaches.  

Edited by mll