The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Predators trade Laurent Dauphin to Canadiens for Michael McCarron

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I honestly kinda forgot about McCarron. 

I was wondering how far Bergevin's patience would last with him.

He's had several opportunities but just couldn't stick with the big club.

You'd of thought that with Mtl's recent injury situation, he would've gotten a call-up, but the writing was on the wall when they went with 36y/o ufa Kovalchuk for league minimum over him. 

Just now, Fanuck said:

I was wondering how far Bergevin's patience would last with him.

He's had several opportunities but just couldn't stick with the big club.

You'd of thought that with Mtl's recent injury situation, he would've gotten a call-up, but the writing was on the wall when they went with 36y/o ufa Kovalchuk for league minimum over him. 

Yeah. He was always going to be a project pick.  They took him because of his size and hoped he would improve his skating.  But he just never took the next step.  Doesn’t break my heart to see him go. He’s destined to be a career AHL’er 

He speared Gadjovich last month and then blew a fuse when the ref penalised him.  Even Laval's play by play thought he'd get suspended. Their coach blamed him for the loss after the game calling his behaviour inexcusable.  His time was probably up ever since.

Not sure why Nashville would make that move. 

Edited by mll

15 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

One might come to the conclusion that its management or the city. 

But then i look at Edmonton and think....,”It cant be that bad....can it?”

I've been to Montreal. It's a cool city. If I couldn't live in BC, it would be Atlantic Canada,  or Montreal. I'm thinking it's bad development AND bad scouts. And the one guy they shouldn't have traded was Sergachev. Was +3 and had an assist last night. And was noticeable all night. And is on pace to meet or beat his career best point totals. 

17 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ouch.

Quick GMJB, save Juulsen and bring him home while Montreal is open for business. Goldy's  not getting another chance here anyway

18 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ouch.

It’s not ideal. But also not as bad as it looks.

Leblanc was an 18oa pick. That’s the same year the Canucks took Schroeder at 22. It’s a crapshoot at that point.  Neither Montreal nor Vancouver ended up with a player out of that draft 

Tinordi was taken 22nd. Swing and a miss.  Vancouver didn’t have a 1st that year.  Montreal got Gallagher in the 5th round.  Other than that neither team picked another Nhl’er 

Beaulieu was taken 17th and played about 200 games with Montreal before being traded for a 3rd. Vancouver took Jensen at 29. He managed 24 games with the Canucks before being traded for Etem. Other than that the most notable player taken by either team in that draft was Corrado. Who managed a whole 74 NHL games 

Galchenyuk was taken third in a somewhat underwhelming draft class. Traded for Domi. The Canucks took Gaunce at 26 thst year.  T  h at year Montreal took Hudon in the 5th and he’s still in the organization. Vancouver took Hutton in the 5th and he’s since moved on 

McCarron was taken 25th oa. That year Vancouver got Horvat at 9. But also took Shinkarauk at 24. Just ahead of McCarron. Montreal also took De La Rose and Lehkonen in the 2nd. That’s it for NHLers in that draft. 

Sherbak was taken at 26. Swing and a miss.  Canucks got Virtanen at 6, McCann at 24 (traded), Demko at 36, Tryamkin at 66 (fled to the KHL, jury still out). Good draft for Vancouver. 

Juulsen taken at 26. 2 spots after Boeser. He was trending well and looking good in the NHL before taking 2 pucks to the head in the same game. He’s suffered concussion symptoms since. There’s still time. But that’s not a bad pick. Just bad luck. Rest of the draft provided the Canucks with Brisebois (still time) and Veljano for Montreal (getting his first stint with the team right now. 

Sergachev was traded for Drouin.  Pretty even trade imo. Canucks took Juolevi at 5th. Similar story to Juulsen.  Still time for him.  Montreal got Mete in the 5th. (Top 4 NHLer). Not much else of interest in that draft. 
Bottom line. Outside the top 5 or so picks it’s tough o know what you’re getting.  Both teams found some later round gems and both teams whiffed it on some of heir mid/late 1st round picks