The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 07, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

JT must be a little salty after that team performance... on the night he returns to play his former team....maybe the team will play a full 60 the next time they play TB but at home

Maybe the Canucks owed Tampa one for ripping them off in the trade.

11 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol juolevi haven't even played enough to even consider a call up to even play a game in the NHL nor did he look like a top pairing caliber defenseman in the ahl and you already think he's a top pairing defenseman lol. 

God I hate you lol'rs...

Grow up and use real words....I SAID NEXT YEAR SOMETIME...!!!!

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 10:42 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Motte
MacEwen

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn/Fantenberg-Stecher

So, first of all, finally TG has realized that he is losing out on only playing Jake 10 minutes a game. Probably temporary though if we know how TG works.

So lets put the guy with 5 points on the top line and put the guy with 40 points on the 3rd line? What?

Who here has noticed Schaller has sucked.........for awhile now. Also, the 4th line has not played well for awhile either. So why is MacEwen not playing yet?

Fantenberg too, the guy has been faultering lately and the Coach didn't notice that?

The other thing I noticed is that Marky gets tired and then it affects his play but Travis is going to keep playing him until he does get to that point? Makes no sense.

I agree with others in that we are still having trouble in our own zone, whether its the coaches system, I don't know. Even in our win streak its been an issue.

Yes Edler, Myers, Marky etc had a bad game but this is not the norm and they deserve a little slack for having a bad game.

Lastly, team toughness has been a long standing issue and I truly believe the coaches are stifling our players and preventing them from this style of play. We know in the past Jake, Roussel and others have no problem playing like this yet they don't.

Note to Coach Travis: Please give Bo a decent winger to play with, promote hard working players and sit those who don't, allow your gritty players to play gritty and give Marky a rest every once in a while, thanks. ::D

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

So, first of all, finally TG has realized that he is losing out on only playing Jake 10 minutes a game. Probably temporary though if we know how TG works.

So lets put the guy with 5 points on the top line and put the guy with 40 points on the 3rd line? What?

Who here has noticed Schaller has sucked.........for awhile now. Also, the 4th line has not played well for awhile either. So why is MacEwen not playing yet?

Fantenberg too, the guy has been faultering lately and the Coach didn't notice that?

The other thing I noticed is that Marky gets tired and then it affects his play but Travis is going to keep playing him until he does get to that point? Makes no sense.

I agree with others in that we are still having trouble in our own zone, whether its the coaches system, I don't know. Even in our win streak its been an issue.

Yes Edler, Myers, Marky etc had a bad game but this is not the norm and they deserve a little slack for having a bad game.

Lastly, team toughness has been a long standing issue and I truly believe the coaches are stifling our players and preventing them from this style of play. We know in the past Jake, Roussel and others have no problem playing like this yet they don't.

Note to Coach Travis: Please give Bo a decent winger to play with, promote hard working players and sit those who don't, allow your gritty players to play gritty and give Marky a rest every once in a while, thanks. ::D

The Horvat line has been one of our most effective lines to date. People complain about a blender that Green uses and not that he's keeping a line that is working, it's a problem (because it's Eriksson)? Pearson is like a PPG over the last 25 games, so I think he's been a pretty good winger for Bo.

MacEwen has been called up for injury relief. The 4th line has been very good and I would say a significant contributor during our streak because they allowed another line that could be played regularly. Schaller can PK, MacEwen doesn't, I would say that's a contributing factor. The 4th line had a poor game in Tampa, but certainly isn't deserving to be broken up just yet.

As for Marky, it's a tough call because there has been enough breaks in between games to keep him going. I'm sure the team talks to him and asks if he feels ready to go. Let's not forget Demko is coming off a concussion, so they are being careful with him as well.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, theo5789 said:

The Horvat line has been one of our most effective lines to date. People complain about a blender that Green uses and not that he's keeping a line that is working, it's a problem (because it's Eriksson)? Pearson is like a PPG over the last 25 games, so I think he's been a pretty good winger for Bo.

MacEwen has been called up for injury relief. The 4th line has been very good and I would say a significant contributor during our streak because they allowed another line that could be played regularly. Schaller can PK, MacEwen doesn't, I would say that's a contributing factor. The 4th line had a poor game in Tampa, but certainly isn't deserving to be broken up just yet.

As for Marky, it's a tough call because there has been enough breaks in between games to keep him going. I'm sure the team talks to him and asks if he feels ready to go. Let's not forget Demko is coming off a concussion, so they are being careful with him as well.

So the Horvat line is so good on numerous occasions, TG has put different wingers with him at the end of a game? Mostly Jake but others too. LE would be better served on the 4th line and McEwen on the 3rd. Schaller has been non-existent for awhile now and Motte is the only guy that keeps that line going IMO. 

Marky will never admit he is tired and will play as long as the coach puts him in.

You have pretty weak arguments IMO.

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

So the Horvat line is so good on numerous occasions, TG has put different wingers with him at the end of a game? Mostly Jake but others too. LE would be better served on the 4th line and McEwen on the 3rd. Schaller has been non-existent for awhile now and Motte is the only guy that keeps that line going IMO. 

Marky will never admit he is tired and will play as long as the coach puts him in.

You have pretty weak arguments IMO.

The numbers don't lie over the time LE has been on that line. It was a combination of trying to spark some offense (other lines were mixed too), while rewarding Motte for his effort. Aside from a few shifts, Eriksson was still on that line. When we get bodies back, he may not stick, but if the line continues to play well then he will stay.

Schaller is contributing towards the PK. Got rewarded with an assist tonight. I agree that Motte is the driver of that line, but we are going to be taking away from the PK with a Schaller for MacEwen swap. This might be fine as we do have Motte, Roussel and Eriksson still, but MacEwen would slot into the 4th line most likely and maybe onto the 2nd unit PP. Whatever the case, Schaller has been contributing and the 4th line has been pretty decent since Motte's return, but Schaller and Beagle have some chemistry too.

Why would Marky never admit he is tired? He wants to contribute towards his team winning and he will let his coaches know if he cannot play at his best. The coach confers with their goalie to ensure they are good to go. Marky probably isn't that burned out because our games had been pretty decently spread out. Demko let in 5 tonight, so perhaps it's the turnovers and grade A chances that we need to stop giving up rather than simply Marky being tired.

WADR your arguments aren't that strong either.

• Cheers 1