Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/Mtl


WCE
 Share

Recommended Posts

Big move risky but worth it

To MTL Boeser,Stecher,Juolevi & conditional 3rd ( if we Weise or Kovachuk) Re-sign 

To Van Weber & Weise or Kovalchuk 

 

Weber has only had 3 seasons under 30 pts, 2 season he only played under 30 games. Better option than Subban or Seabrook.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Wouldn't do this one.

 

Must be hard for JB to talk with MBergevin on the horn. Guy went into an infantile, public crying fit over the Subban affair.

It’s interesting how people seem to forget/ignore that Yzerman filed a tampering complaint against Benning as well. Benning messed up. There was nothing infantile about Bergevin and Yzerman filing complaints.  

Edited by qwijibo
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I'd love to have Shea Weber on the team, I'd rather not send Boeser the other way.

 

Weber would tick a lot of boxes:

  • a player with size who actually uses it on a consistent basis
  • still has a terrifying shot, in both velocity and accuracy
  • a natural leader whom Bo could learn the right way to captain a team from
  • has natural offensive instincts and can contribute on the powerplay

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While I'd love to have Shea Weber on the team, I'd rather not send Boeser the other way.

 

Weber would tick a lot of boxes:

  • a player with size who actually uses it on a consistent basis
  • still has a terrifying shot, in both velocity and accuracy
  • a natural leader whom Bo could learn the right way to captain a team from
  • has natural offensive instincts and can contribute on the powerplay

 

If not Boeser then who? I don't see them wanting Eriksson or Sutter unless we add more, maybe Pearson but would still have to even out the cap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

That Weber contract is gonna get really bad in the next couple years. Financially crippling to the point where I’d pass. 8 mill a year until he’s 41 years old. Injuries will happen more frequently and he’ll slow down.

True 1D don’t come cheap. Karlsson is 29 and makes $11.5 for the next 8 years. Burns is 34 and makes $8m for another 6 years. Even Vlassic makes $7m for another 7 years. Hedman is 29 and makes $7.8 for the next 6 years. And that’s  after he took the no tax Florida discount.  
 

that said. I doubt Montreal has any interest in trading their Norris candidate captain who was top 5 in scoring amount D for winger. Talented as he may be.  Stretcher doesn’t really add much value considering their depth in RHD, Juolevi adds next to no value due to the uncertainty around his multiple injuries.  It’s not a terrible package. But as an ex defence man Bergevin puts a premium on D. And Weber is as good as they get, despite his contract 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, qwijibo said:

True 1D don’t come cheap. Karlsson is 29 and makes $11.5 for the next 8 years. Burns is 34 and makes $8m for another 6 years. Even Vlassic makes $7m for another 7 years. Hedman is 29 and makes $7.8 for the next 6 years. And that’s  after he took the no tax Florida discount.  
 

that said. I doubt Montreal has any interest in trading their Norris candidate captain who was top 5 in scoring amount D for winger. Talented as he may be.  Stretcher doesn’t really add much value considering their depth in RHD, Juolevi adds next to no value due to the uncertainty around his multiple injuries.  It’s not a terrible package. But as an ex defence man Bergevin puts a premium on D. And Weber is as good as they get, despite his contract 

You’re mortgaging a lot of future on somebody that’s already 34 years old. Guys like Seth Jones and Dougie Hamilton got moved finding a deal like this is much more what the Canucks should be looking for. We’re by no means a Stanley Cup team even with Weber and the deduction of Boeser doesn’t help. Now your praying Weber can hold up and be productive at 35 and 36.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

You’re mortgaging a lot of future on somebody that’s already 34 years old. Guys like Seth Jones and Dougie Hamilton got moved finding a deal like this is much more what the Canucks should be looking for. We’re by no means a Stanley Cup team even with Weber and the deduction of Boeser doesn’t help. Now your praying Weber can hold up and be productive at 35 and 36.

I’m not saying g do it. Just thst Weber is worth a lot.  Plus he’s 34 now and having his best season in a few years.  You think his game is suddenly going to go off a cliff next year? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

You’re mortgaging a lot of future on somebody that’s already 34 years old. Guys like Seth Jones and Dougie Hamilton got moved finding a deal like this is much more what the Canucks should be looking for. We’re by no means a Stanley Cup team even with Weber and the deduction of Boeser doesn’t help. Now your praying Weber can hold up and be productive at 35 and 36.

Horvat to CLB for Werenksi might work for both clubs.  He's a bit of an injury risk, but aside from that he's the right age and they do have Jones still.  They lack center depth and have PLD doing all the heavy lifting....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I’m not saying g do it. Just thst Weber is worth a lot.  Plus he’s 34 now and having his best season in a few years.  You think his game is suddenly going to go off a cliff next year? 

I do think in two years time at 36 he won’t be as effective as he is now. Whether that be from injuries slowing him down or whatever. Somebody like Werenski like what the poster above mentioned makes a lot more sense. In this proposal though that’s just way too much to give up for somebody that old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I was trying to make a trade with Montreal,

I would be trying to free up their 2nd rnd pick from 2019.
Romanov D , kid skates like Neidermayer, handles the puck E Karlsson and like hits like Bob Baun .. 

Had a great WJ competition this year.. and really looks NHL ready, strong not injured easily.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If I was trying to make a trade with Montreal,

I would be trying to free up their 2nd rnd pick from 2019.
Romanov D , kid skates like Neidermayer, handles the puck E Karlsson and like hits like Bob Baun .. 

Had a great WJ competition this year.. and really looks NHL ready, strong not injured easily.

 

Bergevin loves Romanov. He was just over in Russia prior to the WJC. They’re hoping to have him with the team next season. Especially since Left D is one of their biggest holes to fill.  They won’t be moving him shy of a massive overpay 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...