The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 09, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

There's no panic in the team. They are still satisfied going 7-2 in the last 9. 

That said, if Green cant get them into a wild card spot this season, I think its time for a change. Clean house and all that, except for Ian Clark. Give that guy a raise.

First reasonable coach post in a PGT here in a while. 

Agree with this, Green gets the year with his team and decision forward made from the results. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Disappointing effort by the team after that 9-2 loss. 

Players are playing too loose with no defensive coverage. We have a big problem if the best two lines tonight were our 3rd and 4th lines. 

Not too psyched about keyboard warriors coming alive again with some ridiculous claim that coach takes full blame for these two games... uhhhh 

Only if our players were as tenacious as them tonight... 

And you aren't a "keyboard warrior"?

This game was super winnable. Despite giving up two early goals the Canucks had dominant puck possession and almost the entirety of the first period was played in the offensive zone for them. The Boeser and Jake chances could’ve easily had the game at 2-2. Up until that 3rd goal, which was the backbreaker this team never recovered from. 

Two 2 on 1s and a breakaway all within what, 2, 3 minutes? All coming from bad decisions from the RD. 

Speaking of the RD, they were massive liabilities and just utterly useless these two games. Directly responsible for many of the chances that turned into goals against. Some of the worst stretch of hockey I’ve seen from a whole side of a defense. So much random, horrible aggressive pinching. All of it so unnecessary.

For some unknown reason, the PP which has been consistently doing well, is now struggling. The source of it is quite simple and it’s mind numbing to try to figure out why they ran it back this game, for the same predictable result. Why they decided Miller and Boeser needed to change spots is just insanity. The PP was working. Now it’s 100% predictable. Miller and Petey play catch with Quinn, who then either attempts to shoot or set up Petey for a one timer. Issue is, since Miller doesn’t shoot the puck at all on the far side and doesn’t have the same setup for a one timer Brock does, it lets the PKers completely and entirely sell out on blocking Petey’s one timer. Not only that, but Miller as we have seen, is extremely good down low and in front for several reasons. He’s strong so he can win puck battles. He’s very adept at tipping pucks. Brock is very good at shooting pucks. Yet here we are, they decided to switch them and not play to their strengths, make it predictable and it’s now doing nothing. Congrats coaches, you have outdone yourself on this.

Edited by Wilfred
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

How much losing needs to happen to have learned something? They always say we need to learn from this. What really have they learned over all the losing over the last few years. We have seen this before. It’s nothing new. This fragile mentality needs to stop.

I mean, lost twice in 9 games. :ph34r: Might wanna word your whining a bit better. Like this

Tired of this overachieving team beating up crappy teams with their overrated PP and their passive ass defense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I didn't watch the game. At work on break right now.

The only input I have is... how did we allow 40+ shots AGAIN?

Totally unacceptable to be allowing so many shots night after night. It's like every 3rd game is a 40+ shot night.

That is not a recipe to win.

Edited by Maginator
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

There's no panic in the team. They are still satisfied going 7-2 in the last 9

That said, if Green cant get them into a wild card spot this season, I think its time for a change. Clean house and all that, except for Ian Clark. Give that guy a raise.

Proof?

Or just a wild swing and a miss?

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I mean, lost twice in 9 games. :ph34r: Might wanna word your whining a bit better. Like this

Tired of this overachieving team beating up crappy teams with their overrated PP and their passive ass defense.

I think its how we lost that is the alarming issue. 14 goals against, and 4 goals for in 120 minutes of play. Not good. Its actually humiliating for these guys and their fans.   14 frigging goals in two games ! Like ....wow. now that is something special. 

Edited by cuporbust