The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Carey Price to Vancouver

1 hour ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

I know we’re having Cap issues and I don’t know exactly what we have in Habs favour as well. But I bet he love to come home play in BC he’d look so good in a Canucks uni! I’m thinking Boeser Markstrom for starters... they’ll prolly want more! What’s your guys options on the matter? Carey wants out obviously! I think he’ll be a complete brick wall here in Vancouver! Just my opinion on the matter:)

tenor.gif?itemid=5463928

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Good idea, let's ship out everyone not born in BC and fill out a team of only BC born players. 

This will help.

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/province/active-nhl-players-born-in-british-columbia-career-stats.html

Hey I'm game for that!!! We would have Jamie Benn and Evander Kane in our top six!!!! 

Morgan Rieally and Shea weber......damn 

then price in net lol the cup would be coming home!!! 

God that would be sexy ha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chickenspear said:

It's not the goaltending that's the problem. It's the bad givaways, badly timed pinches, and forwards not covering the D when they do pinch. Too often I see 4 nucks below the hashmarks in the O-zone. They need to start taking the defensive side of the game seriously. Bringing Price here would solve nothing.

Bringing Price here would solve nothing? I don’t believe that... our defence does need improvement for sure! I don’t know why a lot people on here thought Myers and Benn would solve that lmao! Wasted money imho! 

29 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Hey I'm game for that!!! We would have Jamie Benn and Evander Kane in our top six!!!! 

Morgan Rieally and Shea weber......damn 

then price in net lol the cup would be coming home!!! 

God that would be sexy ha

If you look at the all-time list as opposed to who's currently playing things get pretty nuts 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If you look at the all-time list as opposed to who's currently playing things get pretty nuts 

I have always wondered which province would come out on top in a tourney.....B.c would probably have the best balance even if it was just a decade team, left side of jamins Benn , Evander Kane and Andrew Ladd.

B.c produces high end talent and in my opinion the best power forwards in the NHL. 

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I have always wondered which province would come out on top in a tourney.....B.c would probably have the best balance even if it was just a decade team, left side of jamins Benn , Evander Kane and Andrew Ladd.

B.c produces high end talent and in my opinion the best power forwards in the NHL. 

On terrible every time. Not even close.

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

Lol. At that albatross contract, no chance. You don't pay goalies big dollars its a recipe for disaster. Look at Bob in florida.

Could be retained salary and don’t have to necessarily give up Boeser there’s other options for sure;) you can’t be seriously think Price is a liability do yah! He obviously wants to play else where like his home for instance and stand on his fricken head playing for his family friends love ones etc...

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Ontario wins hands down.  Then the Prairies.  Then us.  The Atlantic region is lasteroo. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, KnuckleHead16 said:

Could be retained salary and don’t have to necessarily give up Boeser there’s other options for sure;) you can’t be seriously think Price is a liability do yah! He obviously wants to play else where like his home for instance and stand on his fricken head playing for his family friends love ones etc...

All players are connected to their contracts in this cap era.  Price has negative value, considering his contract.  He’s pretty much a cap dump.  

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

If they retain 40% of that cap, sure. Otherwise hard pass. Besides, goaltending is not our problem :rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How many more years on Price’s horrible contract?  He’s not going anywhere.  

They can definitely do that and we don’t necessarily have to put Boeser in the equation as well;) there options

9 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Bringing Price here would solve nothing? I don’t believe that... our defence does need improvement for sure! I don’t know why a lot people on here thought Myers and Benn would solve that lmao! Wasted money imho! 

Quick comparison: This season - Marky: GP-30, GAA-2.81, Sv%-0.914. age 29, cap hit: $3,666,667 (ufa after this season) this includes that stank game vs tampa.

Price: GP-36, GAA-3.01, Sv%-0.901   age 32, cap hit: $10,500,000 (6 more years)

Marky has stood on his head all season for us and stolen games. Going back to the '15-'16 season, has had a Sv% of at least 0.910% on terrible Canucks teams. To trade him, and Boeser as you're suggesting would screw us for cap space, we wouldn't be able to go get another top 6 F (as Boeser would need to be replaced), or improve our defensive line. Do you think Marky's going to command a long term $10+ mill contract with a NMC? How are we going to resign Petey and Hughes with that much $ going to one goalie? No, our next #1 goalie after Marky will be Demko. We don't need Price, and it would hinder us for the future. 1 bad game for Marky, relax, s^*t happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay......let's get real, only way C Price comes to Van is if he pulls a kes and we are the only team he wants to play for , Montreal would have retain money to make it worth while for the Canucks, I would take Price at say 7 or 6 but not at 10. 

Retained salary 

4 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Based on what? The fact that he’s frustrated by a losing streak? lol pure reading way too much into he situation