The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres | Jan. 11, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

lets put it this way , he has not hurt our team or put us in jeopardy since he has been back. he is not the best player, but he certainly is not hurting Bo's line. I say good for him getting an empty netter

I was being sarcastic with my post. I agree Loui has been great with Bo and Tanner. They've been our best line 5 on 5 since they've been put together. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I think that the adversity is coming now.  Look at our next opponents 

Minny (one of the hotter teams in the last 20 games) 

Winnipeg (they've been beating us for the last 5 years pretty consistently) 

Arizona (huge huge game!) 

San Jose Sharks 

St Louis Blues (best team in the league) 

I hope that we can win 3 of those games but it wouldn't shock me if we only win 1.  Adversity's coming! 

We are the type of team to beat the Blues and lose to the Ducks though.

Anything can happen, just depends on how the team start. 1st goal is a huge factor with this team.

Edited by J-23

4 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

So Bo gets pulled late from a game with a headshot that didn’t stop him from playing but Johanssen can’t even get off the ice barely and he’s allowed to finish the game. Very disturbing

3 letters: N.H.L.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, xereau said:

I noticed a slight change to the system today.

The high men on the collapse star were forcing the D, but only early after each collapse.

Afterwards, it was the same old rotating star and no closing the gap to the blueline.

We got lucky because Buffalo plays a very loose defensive game themselves 

in our end we are not finishing checks and applying pressure. When we gain control, we retreat instead of moving forward..  with the exception of Petey and Hughes 

penalty kill is terrible

need to shoot and play for rebounds on the pp 

Still a lot to fix but we will take the win today 

• Wat 1

9 minutes ago, bree2 said:

lets put it this way , he has not hurt our team or put us in jeopardy since he has been back. he is not the best player, but he certainly is not hurting Bo's line. I say good for him getting an empty netter

Loui has actually been great. Not 6 mill great, but he is actually making the team better when he is on the ice . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, _Henrik_ said:

This. It's as if mf's look another way as soon as the puck is behind offensive blue. I don't want to praise the guy too much. He's doing a solid job. But today he actually had some moments when even only-goals-count-people should've seen his use and contributions. halfway in third he had a session where he broke buffalos possession like three times in 40 sec. including stopping an attack. again, he's past prime but he's stepping up, digging in, and pegging up for other players. 

Yeah exactly. Bo Horvat is actually playing better with Loui on that line as well. It’s unfortunate we signed the guy but that doesn’t change the fact he’s been playing well since being injected back into the line-up. Hopefully he continues to play well maybe get a taste of some playoffs and retire with his head held high. 

• Upvote 2

Decent win, but IMO the Sabres had some pretty bad goaltending. I don't know how Carter Hutton got so much money, he was beyond brutal in Nashville, I think he was propped up by the system in St. Louis. Whatever his agent makes, its not enough.

This is a great confidence booster for the boys though. Miller was flying out there, Boeser had a big game and Petey and Hughes were setting up plays all night.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, 6string said:

Green's finishing strong by having Loui out there with an empty net.:bored:

what a stupid comment. like it or not (which I don't) with the injuries to our forward group Eriksson is in the line up, is it the worst thing in the world to throw the guy a bone and put him out there with a 2 goal lead so he has a chance to maybe gain some confidence? but I guess since we won you have to look for an excuse to bash Green.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

what a stupid comment. like it or not (which I don't) with the injuries to our forward group Eriksson is in the line up, is it the worst thing in the world to throw the guy a bone and put him out there with a 2 goal lead so he has a chance to maybe gain some confidence? but I guess since we won you have to look for an excuse to bash Green.

You might not like their comment, but there are reasons to criticize the coaching staff. BTW simply criticizing someone's performance does not equal 'bashing' them, if you are posting in a forum you are sometimes going to have to deal with comments you don't agree with.

Personally, if the team can't make the playoffs this year, I would like to see a coaching change. The excuses are wearing thin, this team has star players at every position now.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1