The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

False nuclear alert in Pickering Ontario this morning

Mackcanuck

Matt Gurney: False nuclear alert shows Canadians are on their own in case of disaster

The good news is, you’re not dying, and neither is anyone else. (Unless you were already dying of something. In that case, the good news is that the rest of us aren’t stealing your moment.) But on Sunday morning, millions of Ontarians got a rude wake-up call that may have left them momentarily pondering their own mortality. An emergency alert message was blasted out across the province warning of an unspecified emergency at the Pickering nuclear power station in the eastern Greater Toronto Area. The alert said there had been no release of radioactivity and to stay tuned for more information. It was all the more frightening for its lack of detail.

The alert was an error. A false alarm. A mistake. It was also a hell of a way to start your Sunday morning

MORE HERE

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/matt-gurney-false-nuclear-warning-shows-canadians-are-on-their-own-in-case-of-disaster

35 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Scared the living hell out of me as it woke me up from a deep sleep. 

The second blaring alert to say the first one was a mistake was equally bad!

Worry when you hear" This not test, this is not a drill...."

Edited by Ghostsof1915

3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Matt Gurney: False nuclear alert shows Canadians are on their own in case of disaster

The good news is, you’re not dying, and neither is anyone else. (Unless you were already dying of something. In that case, the good news is that the rest of us aren’t stealing your moment.) But on Sunday morning, millions of Ontarians got a rude wake-up call that may have left them momentarily pondering their own mortality. An emergency alert message was blasted out across the province warning of an unspecified emergency at the Pickering

I read online it was human error... apparently a guy working there was not paying attention to his computer which had the warning system ....

Here is a pic of the guy at the nuclear plant in ontario.... pic capture by video in their office...

Simpsons_2809_KampKrustier_Sc_1079_Avid_

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I read online it was human error... apparently a guy working there was not paying attention to his computer which had the warning system ....

Here is a pic of the guy at the nuclear plant in ontario.... pic capture by video in their office...

Simpsons_2809_KampKrustier_Sc_1079_Avid_

do_not_push_button-83352_460x675.jpg

20 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yes those wind turbines are so destructive, solar panels too. 

We need to see if we can covert our Candu reactors. To these. 

say whatever, but mark my words, nuclear energy will be our salvation someday...if we make it that far. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

wow it could be quite dangerous. Personally I think that the spread of nuclear technology and nuclear weapons is a huge problem for national security and the safety of the entire planet. I bought radiation detector at https://ecotestgroup.com/products/dkg-21m/ for home use. Now I can check the radiation level at my house anytime I want.

Edited by luckyjack