The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Jan. 12, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

That will come organically through experience.  People razz Horvat on here and I just want to shake my head.  At home he's relied on heavily each game to match up against the very best in the league regularly and him and Pearson often outscore their opponents despite the level of competition they face.   

Look at who we have on defense right now.   It's better then Hutton, Gudbranson, Del Zotto etc.   It's definitely not prime Sedin/WCE/Linden good and won't ever be given who's playing, but they are playing to their better level - not best because QH is a rookie but pretty close.  

Reminds me a little of the run and gun style Crawford played - it's entertaining and no complaints here.   We don't have Cloutier in net ha ha.  

We simply don't have the players to do much better defensively-Sutter our hurts but he's not going to keep that many pucks out of the net on his own.

The team is playing to or maybe a little bit above expectations.   We are not an experienced team.  It's young and settling in after a big roster change.  Expecting a big change in goals against this year isn't realistic.  Same with next year.   But it will change and get better over time.  Almost every core player doesn't ignore defense and plays a good 200 foot game.  Including BB.  

Bang on. Playing on the road opens up Bo to be more aggressive offensively if he’s not going against the oppositions best shift after shift. He is our Patrice Bergeron. I bet we reduce our GA by 20-30 this year and hopefully a bit more next year. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Viper007 said:

Watching the game I did not see 10 Grade A chances by the wild in the 3rd period.

Idk 4-1 win on the back to back afternoon game on the road, in the past 4 years we just wouldn't even think, just expect the team not to do well.  9-2 in the last 11.   Fire the coach, gm and make wholesale changes.  It's the CDC.

• Haha 2