The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Morgan Rielly out minimum 8 weeks

Rate this topic

33 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

ANNNNNNNNNNND Muzzin on LTIR too?! Hmm, lip-stick on a Hog-town is losin' it's glossy shine.

So who will sell D to Dumbas?

LA(Martinez). Ottawa? How bout good'ol MDZ to play groovy tunes?!

edit:

-EDM, they should sell Manning to Fleas

- Minny Mild could prob sell a D

(the market looks rather scarce already)

They don’t have Cap to add 

Edited by canuck73_3

53 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Ironically this injury might help them there. They can now stretch 16.5 mill(approx) of LTIR to season's end.

Robidas Isle had been a dreamland of pixie dust, excuses, write-offs & unicorns..now it might rightfully exist!

If Reilly was out for the season yes, but they need to move salary to take salary at this point. 

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If Reilly was out for the season yes, but they need to move salary to take salary at this point. 

Quick glance at their scenario now, appears it goes one of two ways. They should decide by TDL.

A- They stumble badly next few wks. In which case, they may as well sell expiring pieces at deadline.

B- They tread water, & hover on PO-possibility. Then just need to dump one 3,000,000$ contract(a Barrie, Kapanen or Kerfoot)

& then they'd have space to reinsert Reilly, if all other positional skaters were healthy(seems unlikely) late-season.

Basically I think the Laffs are mostly moving past/squeezing thru this yr's cap-crunch..but overall, they look pretty damned mediocre.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Benn for TOs 2020 2nd. Giterdun Jim. 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I was just thinking of a way the Canucks could take advantage of TOR's D problems. Benn seems to be the odd man out these days, and with Rafferty and up and comer, he could always fill in of one of the D gets injured. Is Tryamkin coming back? How close is Juolevi?

If the Nucks make the playoffs you'll want Benn in for Fantenberg.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Benn for TOs 2020 2nd. Giterdun Jim. 

They can't add a contract without sending out the equivalent cap hit.  Rielly is expected out 8 weeks - so a return mid-March.  They will need the cap space to activate him off LTIR.

Last week Friedman said that Toronto has been kicking tires on Brenden Dillon of SJS.   

Edited by mll

18 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

As expendable as Benn is... would be bad optics.  

A local boy coming back home to play for the Canucks.... gets traded within his first year on the team.  

is it? he wasn't in a position to get a NTC from any team, I think he'd prefer to be a regular player vs in the press box here. 

14 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

If the Nucks make the playoffs you'll want Benn in for Fantenberg.

dunno.. Green seems to like him where he is. 

3 minutes ago, mll said:

They can't add a contract without sending out the equivalent cap hit.  Rielly is expected out only 8 weeks - so a return mid-March.  They will need the cap space to activate him off LTIR.

Last week Friedman said that Toronto has been kicking tires on Brenden Dillon of SJS.   

but Dillion is making 1.9 and Benn 2.0 - I suppose SJS could retain 1/2. and TO can send Sandin back down. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

is it? he wasn't in a position to get a NTC from any team, I think he'd prefer to be a regular player vs in the press box here. 

dunno.. Green seems to like him where he is. 

To get rid of a 1st year UFA rarely can be viewed as a positive.  

It's true that Jordie Benn isn't a prized UFA with a strong negotiating hand.... but it would probably make players hesitate a bit more when thinking about Vancouver as a destination.  

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but Dillion is making 1.9 and Benn 2.0 - I suppose SJS could retain 1/2. and TO can send Sandin back down. 

3.27M cap hit for Dillon.  They would have to send a contract over.  

11 minutes ago, mll said:

3.27M cap hit for Dillon.  They would have to send a contract over.  

sorry, I beloved the first thing I saw on google. Well... thats not going to be an easy fix then. 

I guess we could make it work if Jim retained 1/2 of Benns contract and it was just 1 mil cap hit to TO, but then I'd want a 2nd and a prospect which is an overpayment. But I guess I can hope :P

19 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

To get rid of a 1st year UFA rarely can be viewed as a positive.  

It's true that Jordie Benn isn't a prized UFA with a strong negotiating hand.... but it would probably make players hesitate a bit more when thinking about Vancouver as a destination.  

I see people say that a lot, but I don't know that it really matters that much. People were worried when Gagner was demoted e.g., and it didn't matter one iota to free agency. 

5 minutes ago, Industrious1 said:

If ever you were going to try and move Tanev to the Leafs and try and fleece a young rookie GM.

And yes, I am well aware that the Canucks need Tanev for their own playoff aspirations. 

I'd move Tanev for Kapanen. 

• Upvote 1

Importance of defensive depth right here, having a guy or two in your bottom-2 who can play top pairing minutes and having a strong 6th, 7th and 8th D-man.

For the first time in years the Canucks have this and when teams run into multiple D injuries which they undoubtedly do over a season, if they don't have it they're screwed. Toronto's defence is going to fall apart and this stretch will make or more likely break their season.