The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chucky Cheese

Rate this topic

Timbermen

It was a good try, but didn't Kassian attack Matthew from behind? (grabbed him by the collar and yanked him backwards, then threw punches, etc)

TBH, I don't like either player, and certainly not condoning how Tkachuk plays sometimes, but in the end, Kassian was suspended. Advantage - Thackuk. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It was a good try, but didn't Kassian attack Matthew from behind? (grabbed him by the collar and yanked him backwards, then threw punches, etc)

TBH, I don't like either player, and certainly not condoning how Tkachuk plays sometimes, but in the end, Kassian was suspended. Advantage - Thackuk. 

old time hockey baby

55 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Tkachuk is an absolute embarrassment.  I actually loved his game until this. Now i put him in the same category as Sean Avery. Instantly lost all respect for the kid . 

master of disguise GIF

Avery never took a run like that at another player.  The only filthy thing about Avery is what comes out of his mouth (or in his mouth :ph34r: :P).

• Cheers 1

Spector has an interesting article on sportsnet right now quoting other players from other teams regarding the antics by Tkachuk.  Basically its a gutless move to leave your position as a winger and blind side a guy who is in a puck battle behind the net ...where the player is engaged by a D man and the net acts as a visual obstruction.

Spector is a clown but his points make sense. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Ratchuk is a pos and fully deserve that attack.

all 3 of his hits were predatory and i'm glad Kassian snapped on him. remember the pointless crosscheck on Miller last game? if JT got injured from that i would've been pissed.

that Rat deserved the humiliation of getting rag dolled and turtling in front of the national audience. He will now be forced to fight Kassian next game or he will forever be tagged as a cheapshot artist. 

It's funny, fans from all over were actually on his side in the Doughty feud but he is losing those support fast. 

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

, the Canucks need to get a goon /or Ferland type  if  we make it into playoffs ,   reeves , tkapuke luicic , kassian ,  we need somebody to even the odds and protect the stars and the latest battle of Alberta  just proves it even more now   .   

it sucks that when we finally acquire a Ferland, he will be unable to play that style with his concussion history... sighhhhhh

I hope we target Greenway before he breaks out. 

3 hours ago, Darius said:

if that was Burrows or Kesler running at a flame tough player and then they refused to drop the gloves ... i can only imagine what Flames fans would be saying.

Funny how they spent years crying about Burrows and Kesler and calling the Sedins soft....and here they are with guys like Johnny and softer than Charmin Monahan with Tkachuck running around behind them.

I think it's just as funny that if Tkachuk were a Canuck, he would be praised for his physicality and probably be celebrated for those hits. Just like how we supported Burrows and Kesler and their antics.

People are praising Kassian's actions and yet they were dangerous with intent to injure as well. It just seems contradictory for many to be calling out Tkachuk here (he's certainly done much worse), but at the same time praise and condone further idiocy.

I get guys like Tkachuk (and Marchand, etc) are scums of the league, but then you dish out a big clean hit on him in a similar fashion (since it was deemed clean for him) or you challenge him to a fight and let him turtle and embarrass himself. Challenge him to fights all night like we did with Matheson and let him run. Throwing punches when they're down is just as cowardly of an action as turtling itself. This is why Tkachuk actually continued to target him in that game even after this because he knew he had a short fuse and would self destruct himself. This is what Tkachuk does that makes his antics effective to intentionally draw that reaction.

• Wat 2

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

People are praising Kassian's actions and yet they were dangerous with intent to injure as well. It just seems contradictory for many to be calling out Tkachuk here (he's certainly done much worse), but at the same time praise and condone further idiocy.

Eye for an eye, IMO.  Tkachuk was dangerous first, and deserves to get tuned, or at least needs to answer the bell.  That hit was not the first charge of the game for him against Kass.  Refs letting it go, well, any of us who have been around enough have all see refs lose control of a game.  This was one of those instances.

8 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I get guys like Tkachuk (and Marchand, etc) are scums of the league, but then you dish out a big clean hit on him in a similar fashion (since it was deemed clean for him) or you challenge him to a fight and let him turtle and embarrass himself. 

That's exactly what happened.  Kass tried to engage, and MT turned away.  And got the pounding he deserved.

10 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Throwing punches when they're down is just as cowardly of an action as turtling itself. This is why Tkachuk actually continued to target him in that game even after this because he knew he had a short fuse and would self destruct himself. This is what Tkachuk does that makes his antics effective to intentionally draw that reaction.

Yes, what Kass did was definitely dangerous, and I wouldn't argue against it being cowardly.  Since Kass got tossed after this, I don't see how MT continued to target him.

If Tkachuk was doing this clean, fine.  Too often, he's not.  Whether it is the charging that he is getting away with that night, or the elbows he gets Doughty with, he is a dirty, cowardly player.

He is now basically at the same level as Marchand.  It almost doesn't matter to most fans what is done to them by another player, the actions tend to justify the response.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Eye for an eye, IMO.  Tkachuk was dangerous first, and deserves to get tuned, or at least needs to answer the bell.  That hit was not the first charge of the game for him against Kass.  Refs letting it go, well, any of us who have been around enough have all see refs lose control of a game.  This was one of those instances.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Seems to be a fine line for what is defined as a charge, but like I said, if he were a Canuck, I bet many would be arguing against why it's not a charge.

That's exactly what happened.  Kass tried to engage, and MT turned away.  And got the pounding he deserved.

Kass should've challenged and stopped when he didn't want to go. Even after a punch or two would've been "okay" but he kept going looking to injure.

Yes, what Kass did was definitely dangerous, and I wouldn't argue against it being cowardly.  Since Kass got tossed after this, I don't see how MT continued to target him.

If Tkachuk was doing this clean, fine.  Too often, he's not.  Whether it is the charging that he is getting away with that night, or the elbows he gets Doughty with, he is a dirty, cowardly player.

He is now basically at the same level as Marchand.  It almost doesn't matter to most fans what is done to them by another player, the actions tend to justify the response.

My bad on him continuing after as well. Either way he got a few licks on him knowingly that he will get set off at some point. I agree that Tkachuk is a dirty player, but can't call him dangerous and then condone Kassian's dangerous actions as well. Deserving or not, a dangerous play is a dangerous play.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

it sucks that when we finally acquire a Ferland, he will be unable to play that style with his concussion history... sighhhhhh

I hope we target Greenway before he breaks out. 

I think he may be the best target out there to acquire  , I cant think of anyone else that could be available ,  also a side note   I can see another bertuzzi moore incident a brewing in the battle of alberta   hope those games are televised nationally