The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Conservative Party of Canada Holds Annual Convention

DonLever

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Best thing ever

New poll today suggests people feel Trudeau has been the best possible economic leader through this Covid crisis.

I know Boudrias will love that

I'm quite encouraged by Freeland taking over from Morneau. Freeland is great at explaining the vision behind policies, and working with many different stakeholders, just look at how Doug Ford fawns over her. 

If Freeland does the job she's capable of at finance, O'Toole is O'Toast. He won't have the economy to run on, nor a better plan, and his concept of widening his base is a joke considering how he has decided to lay down with the social con's to win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Best thing ever

New poll today suggests people feel Trudeau has been the best possible economic leader through this Covid crisis.

I know Boudrias will love that

What can I say? I am depressed and very disillusioned. 

On 8/24/2020 at 8:12 AM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Haha thanks but I got way too many skeletons in the closet.  As a conservative it's so frustrating to watch, drop the social fight, focus on the issues that can actually help Canadians.  

I wish they would.

Good competition can only improve the voters options. 

A good strong conservative party would force the others to do a better job.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It's the state of the world.

But it speaks volumes that people think Trudeau is the best of the bunch.

Means it's time to start over.  We should be better than picking the shiniest turd out of a pile

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

I wish they would.

Good competition can only improve the voters options. 

A good strong conservative party would force the others to do a better job.

Completely agree,  In both Canada and US we are struggling for options.  It leaves voters between a rock and a hard place and we get to call that democracy.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

It's the state of the world.

But it speaks volumes that people think Trudeau is the best of the bunch.

Means it's time to start over.  We should be better than picking the shiniest turd out of a pile

I'm curious, what is the solution or is there even one?  

I think we all agree we need change but how do we change and ensure that change stays?

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

don't go there. Canada has a solid foundation to build on. Yes that debt is a freaking scary monster thats going to take some really creative minds to get under control but we're not at the disillusionment stage just yet.

I can see Freeland and Ford coming up with a great plan for Ontario e.g., that kicks starts the economy sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Facts?  I'm curious how you would try to explain TheDestroys post had anything to do regarding my position that people should be free to do as they choose and not be forced into anything?

I called out TheDestroyer not on the content that he posted but of him being a phoney on this board.  Who joins a hockey discussion board to not once talk about hockey.  You two should become friends offline, it wasn't that long ago you PM'd me saying your life was a disappointment, maybe you two could help fill each others void.

Feel free to post this PM I sent you, I have only had one conversation in PM on January 8th, 2019, when you reached out to me. I don't mind posting the entire conversation here, we can let everyone else judge whether this claim is just another figment of your imagination. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I'm curious, what is the solution or is there even one?  

I think we all agree we need change but how do we change and ensure that change stays?

I wonder if mandatory voting would be a start?

The voting rate is so low now that even a "majority" government is not truly that.