Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Conservative Party of Canada Holds Annual Convention


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Moving away from conspiracy theories and keeping back on topic.  

 

The potential bump in the polls expected by the announcement of a new leader did not occur.  Much of the recent increase is on the backs of the WE "scandal" which has essentially proven to be thus far not much.  This is the age demographic in which the Conservatives expected to run away with the numbers but in fact have regressed by almost 3% in the 35-54 age bracket

 

https://338canada.com/polls.htm?fbclid=IwAR013Fi0e6YfdKRTgfh46PcytKDA3RsMMz6rxUGWRVuuHebQxoBuHOwu9iQ

 

image.png.d2669910b7b8fa1c593066d1a2d28ff5.png

 

 

 

the between election polls are fun but they don't mean much. O"toole is now talking about a a 10 year plan to get off deficits.... so pretty much abandoning fiscal conservatism. Whats left for him after that?

 

The Lib's sound like they are going to go all-in on a new massive spending program. We have a covid resurgence underway. In 3 weeks no ones going to care about "WE" because no one really knows what the problem was. I bet fewer than 1/10 people could even explain the details. 

 

I kinda also miss Strome, he used to love these things :lol:

 

 

Edited by Robert Long
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Russ said:

Surprised the NDP have such high numbers, guess theres lots of freeloading socialists out there these days.  Personally I would even rather see the Bloc win over the NDP if it came down to them.  To bad NDP and Greens have such garbage campaigns where their spending has no logical way to fund it, far worse financially than Libs and Cons ideas. 

Interesting.

 

Can you show me where the NDP have screwed the nation over financially as a federal party?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

This clown is the gift that keeps on giving to the Liberals.  Just when you think the Cons might clue in that pandering to their far right base is a bad plan, they elect this guy as leader.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2020 at 11:00 AM, stawns said:

This clown is the gift that keeps on giving to the Liberals.  Just when you think the Cons might clue in that pandering to their far right base is a bad plan, they elect this guy as leader.

Yep.  I'm relieved the Cons picked a leader so racist that he's completely unelectable in a civilized country.  This dirtbag is a disgrace to Canada.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Yep.  I'm relieved the Cons picked a leader so racist that he's completely unelectable in a civilized country.  This dirtbag is a disgrace to Canada.

lets hope he keeps his focus on "owning the liberals" that will guarantee he loses the next election. Harper is going to have to stop influencing the outcome of the CPC leadership if they ever hope to win again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

lets hope he keeps his focus on "owning the liberals" that will guarantee he loses the next election. Harper is going to have to stop influencing the outcome of the CPC leadership if they ever hope to win again. 

Let's stop with the Harper blaming.  We're now 6+ years removed and while he may have a voice still within the party the last few clones have been wholly their own idiots.

 

That being said

 

The biggest threat from any Harper hold over to Canadian identity will be Pierre Poileverre.  people seem to think that this former Harper mouthpiece is somehow smart, hard working, intelligent when he is nothing more than a hand groomed yes mana and utter weasel of a human being who is smart enough to use hot button talking points on social media to further his own standing.  When O'Toole loses the next election it will be a ripe field for Poileverre to claim "new blood" for leadership but also liberal dissatisfaction in the populace to ensure he takes power with a strong mandate.

 

make no mistake about it, the next big threat to canada in the form of social conservatism is Pierre Poileverre

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Let's stop with the Harper blaming.  We're now 6+ years removed and while he may have a voice still within the party the last few clones have been wholly their own idiots.

 

That being said

 

The biggest threat from any Harper hold over to Canadian identity will be Pierre Poileverre.  people seem to think that this former Harper mouthpiece is somehow smart, hard working, intelligent when he is nothing more than a hand groomed yes mana and utter weasel of a human being who is smart enough to use hot button talking points on social media to further his own standing.  When O'Toole loses the next election it will be a ripe field for Poileverre to claim "new blood" for leadership but also liberal dissatisfaction in the populace to ensure he takes power with a strong mandate.

 

make no mistake about it, the next big threat to canada in the form of social conservatism is Pierre Poileverre

but Hip, his hands were all over the last leadership race. He's harming his party by hand picking these people (not that I'm complaining mind you).

 

I'd love it if they actually handed the keys to Poutine Poilievre. That little rat stands no chance vs. Trudeau or Freeland if she takes over from Justin. I know he's loved in con circles but he'll translate about as well as someone like Ignatieff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but Hip, his hands were all over the last leadership race. He's harming his party by hand picking these people (not that I'm complaining mind you).

 

I'd love it if they actually handed the keys to Poutine Poilievre. That little rat stands no chance vs. Trudeau or Freeland if she takes over from Justin. I know he's loved in con circles but he'll translate about as well as someone like Ignatieff. 

He's the next runner up.

 

Count on it

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you're probably right. If they want to win they should pick Ambrose, imo she's the only one with a real chance at a majority. 

There's actually 4 or 5 people I can think of that have zero to no affiliation with the social conservative sides.

 

The issue is, the social conservative base is the loudest and most well organized.  PACS church groups, media outlets etc.  Entire swaths of telecomm in the hands of them and of course the vaunted elderly vote.

 

Those not in the social camp don't stand a chance

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

There's actually 4 or 5 people I can think of that have zero to no affiliation with the social conservative sides.

 

The issue is, the social conservative base is the loudest and most well organized.  PACS church groups, media outlets etc.  Entire swaths of telecomm in the hands of them and of course the vaunted elderly vote.

 

Those not in the social camp don't stand a chance

"unite the right" ended up with a case of herpes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tory caucus to meet Wednesday to determine fate of MP Derek Sloan: sources

The Conservative Party of Canada's caucus will be holding a vote on Wednesday to decide whether to remove MP Derek Sloan, sources say.

The party's leader, Erin O'Toole, had called for his removal on Monday, after a report from Press Progress surfaced revealing the member of parliament for Hastings–Lennox and Addington accepted at $131 donation from a man who has been described as a neo-Nazi.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So did the guy "knowingly" take money from an actual  "Neo-Nazi" or knowingly take money from  fella that "has been" described as a Neo-Nazi?

did he take the money, but not know the supposed history of the fella?

 

So many questions.

I will say it is interesting to see people finally getting concerned where the money comes from.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DonLever said:

Tory caucus to meet Wednesday to determine fate of MP Derek Sloan: sources

The Conservative Party of Canada's caucus will be holding a vote on Wednesday to decide whether to remove MP Derek Sloan, sources say.

The party's leader, Erin O'Toole, had called for his removal on Monday, after a report from Press Progress surfaced revealing the member of parliament for Hastings–Lennox and Addington accepted at $131 donation from a man who has been described as a neo-Nazi.

Just so we're clear, and this is an actual verifiable fact.

 

The conservative party and all parties get a portion of all donations to MPs.  The conservative party has no in fact returned or refunded the portion they got from the donation made to Sloan ;) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...