The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) A possible realistic trade to remove Eriksson

3 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

First if you think Karlsson is the problem with SJS you haven't been paying attention.

Second, why not 5 for 2 trade just cause you say so doesn't make it impossible,

With the Contracts coming off the books the season after next there will be plenty to sign Petty and Hughes to 10 mill contracts if that is what they garner

well   just because you say so doesn't mean it gonna happen either  ,  so there you go   , you pretty summed up your thread right there  , no matter what you say it isn't going to happen  ,    and yes  signing karlsson has hand cuffed san jose for 7 more years   or were you one of those  team karlsson guys ?

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

well   just because you say so doesn't mean it gonna happen either  ,  so there you go   , you pretty summed up your thread right there  , no matter what you say it isn't going to happen  ,    and yes  signing karlsson has hand cuffed san jose for 7 more years   or were you one of those  team karlsson guys ?

All I did was propose a trade that could work for both teams at no point did I think Benning was going to read this thread jump on the phone and call the NJ Gm and make it happen. Arm chair gm is not a serious place or at least I didn't think it was. All im doing is proposing a trade and giving my rational to why it could work for both sides.

7 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

To easy.

Markstrom gets 3.667+1.5= Markstrom gets 5.167 mill I wonder if anyone else believes he signs for only 5.167 mill

how about Leivo replacement min salaty .700 

So you have added min 5.867 mill to the roster and haven't signed Stecher, Tanev, Virtanen, or Gaud yet it all factors in. Based on your logic their all making the same amount

ok mr logic   put subban on the team are we aren't signing those players either   with 367.000 in cap savings  

5 minutes ago, the grinder said:

ok mr logic   put subban on the team are we aren't signing those players either   with 367.000 in cap savings  

That's not the whole trade. We save also 2.325 with stecher and 2.00 with Benn and 1.5mill with Leivo gone. Total savings 6.192 mill

Leivo is just a throw in to make the Cap work this season. It also Gives NJ first right to sign him if they want to keep him because he is UFA next season.

Edited by Arrow 1983

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Ok how much for Tanev you think

How Much for Fantenberg 

Is Fantenberg on a one year deal?  1.5 fir him over two

Tanev gets term, and 5 million.  I’d say 5x3 or 4 years.

shat you think?  Too much for them?  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Fantenberg on a one year deal?  1.5 fir him over two

Tanev gets term, and 5 million.  I’d say 5x3 or 4 years.

shat you think?  Too much for them?  

So Rafferty is actually signed 1 more year at .700k

So at those numbers your 7 defence sits at $22.117 mill

Do you keep Markstrom and if so how much do you think

45 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

So Rafferty is actually signed 1 more year at .700k

So at those numbers your 7 defence sits at $22.117 mill

Do you keep Markstrom and if so how much do you think

What’s Marky worth?  6 million x five years?  I think we are moving Demko at the 2020 draft too, and will sign a 1 million dollar backup.  

So that’s 7 for goaltenders.  

Is there enough left for the forwards?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

What’s Marky worth?  6 million x five years?  I think we are moving Demko at the 2020 draft too, and will sign a 1 million dollar backup.  

So that’s 7 for goaltenders.  

Is there enough left for the forwards?  

so where are we at 22.167+7.00=29.167

Current forwards signed

Erikssson  6.000

Boeser      5.875

Horvat       5.500

Miller         5.250

Sutter        4.375

Ferland     3.500

Pearson    3.750

Roussel    3.000

Beagle      3.000

Petty         0.925

Total       $41.175 

Plus

Spooner 1.050

Loungo   3.033

and Baer buried 2.292

Grand total 76,699,872 

Remaining 4,800,128

That is 19 players signed 

Now you have to decide Do you keep Gaud and Virtanen if so how much for each. That brings you to 21 players and a max roster is 23 if you choose you could go with 22 so 1 more Forward after Gaud and Virtanen are signed.

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

so where are we at 22.167+7.00=29.167

Current forwards signed

Erikssson  6.000

Boeser      5.875

Horvat       5.500

Miller         5.250

Sutter        4.375

Ferland     3.500

Pearson    3.750

Roussel    3.000

Beagle      3.000

Petty         0.925

Total       $41.175 

Plus

Spooner 1.050

Loungo   3.033

and Baer buried 2.292

Grand total 76,699,872 

Remaining 4,800,128

That is 19 players signed 

Now you have to decide Do you keep Gaud and Virtanen if so how much for each. That brings you to 21 players and a max roster is 23 if you choose you could go with 22 so 1 more Forward after Gaud and Virtanen are signed.

Can go over by 10% in the summer right?  Then Furley on LTIR (I think he’s done) and Bob’s your uncle.  It all works out fine.  

Loui is going to retire after his July bonus too.  That’s another 6 million.  We are in great spot!  We are great!  Leafs SUCK!  I feel better now.

Just now, Alflives said:

Can go over by 10% in the summer right?  Then Furley on LTIR (I think he’s done) and Bob’s your uncle.  It all works out fine.  

Loui is going to retire after his July bonus too.  That’s another 6 million.  We are in great spot!  We are great!  Leafs SUCK!  I feel better now.

First Benning already said Ferland will be back some time after the All-star break. And there is no way of knowing what Loungo is going to do and really no reason for Loungo to retire.

2 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

First Benning already said Ferland will be back some time after the All-star break. And there is no way of knowing what Loungo is going to do and really no reason for Loungo to retire.

sorry Loungo is retired that is what caused his cap recapture penalty. He would have to un-retire and then Flo put him on LTIR

4 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

sorry Loungo is retired that is what caused his cap recapture penalty. He would have to un-retire and then Flo put him on LTIR

Loui not Lou.  Eriksson retires this summer after his bonus.  The only reason he’s got to stay with the big club is a gentleman’s agreement with Aquilini/JB to keep him here and he will retire after his summer bonus.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Loui not Lou.  Eriksson retires this summer after his bonus.  The only reason he’s got to stay with the big club is a gentleman’s agreement with Aquilini/JB to keep him here and he will retire after his summer bonus.  

Wow you got some serious inside information nobody else has