The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) A possible realistic trade to remove Eriksson

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Magic ball lol. I think i have proven that Markstrom can't stay. 6mill is to low as well i'm guessing 6.75-7.00 mill

Then Marky is gone and we go with Demko.  Either way we have a top goalie.  Do you think JB knows Marky is gone July 1? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Then Marky is gone and we go with Demko.  Either way we have a top goalie.  Do you think JB knows Marky is gone July 1? 

I don't have the same Magic ball you have, i'm just reading the number. I would think JB is as well. However, he can't trade him there playoff chances rest with him. Unless something goes wrong from now till the trade deadline line (a 10 game losing streak). Marky is being lost for nothing.

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I don't have the same Magic ball you have, i'm just reading the number. I would think JB is as well. However, he can't trade him there playoff chances rest with him. Unless something goes wrong from now till the trade deadline line (a 10 game losing streak). Marky is being lost for nothing.

Not nothing though.  According to your numbers Marky leaving gets us very valuable cap space.  Seems to me you’re kind of pointing out just how valuable cap space is.  So Marky is creating 7 million in cap room.  That’s huge for us, right?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not nothing though.  According to your numbers Marky leaving gets us very valuable cap space.  Seems to me you’re kind of pointing out just how valuable cap space is.  So Marky is creating 7 million in cap room.  That’s huge for us, right?  

yes Canucks get cap space but no assets that's what i meant. 

Plus if the Canucks make the Playoffs then ownership get $$$$$$

Edited by Arrow 1983

Markstrom isn’t established enough to command top dollar, unless he is a signing a 1-2 year deal.

Aside from a few top guys (which Markstrom is not), goalies are looking at $4.5-5.5 on medium 3-5 year terms.  The trend is away from paying a starter big money and instead having two decent guys.

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Markstrom isn’t established enough to command top dollar, unless he is a signing a 1-2 year deal.

Aside from a few top guys (which Markstrom is not), goalies are looking at $4.5-5.5 on medium 3-5 year terms.  The trend is away from paying a starter big money and instead having two decent guys.

As i said to Alf I don't have a magic ball so absolutely you could be right. I on the other hand believe he will easily garner 6.5-7.0 and truth be told we wont know til he is signed.

I just listen to the radio, follow the so called experts on twitter and it sounds that they are predicting 6.5-7.0 mil can they be wrong absolutely. 

• 1 month later...