The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL warns Flames, Oilers; Parros expected to attend rematch

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I agree with much of what you've stated (minus the insults, of course), but I would also add that any player that likes to make those 'surprise' hits, should also expect the recipient to come back with fists flying.  That is also part of the game these days; whether the hit is legal of not.  Of course the visors protect them, but sooner or later, a lucky punch will connect and there could be a fair bit of damage done.  Just another aspect of the game.

Fully agree.  IF you want to act tough, be prepared to answer the bell. Realistically Tkachuk put him self in far more danger getting rag dolled with Kassian throwing wild punches rather than had he just dropped the gloves and tied up his arms.  I bet Tkachuk does fight the next meeting, likely not against Kassian but someone else on that roster.  

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah Hockey’s not a sport for you....Maybe stick to soccer. If hitting a player when they aren’t expecting it needs to be removed than you are taking out 90% of the big hits in the NHL. Players can just run around with their heads down all the time and have no worries about the consequences.  Players like kassian wouldn’t even belong in the league. Hockey is a contact sport. As long as the head isn’t targeted (which in this case it wasn’t) it’s a completely legal hit.

You’re entire argument is flawed too. If your reasoning is due to concussions, then it really shouldn’t matter if the hit was predatory or not, all types of hits can cause similar types of injuries, hits along the boards, hits in open ice and even hits exiting the zone. 

You may want the sport to turn into charmin ultra soft but that’s just because your from surrey. You must really hate playoff hockey.  

Predatory high hits to head are disgusting.  Not surprised  you like to see them ....as your buds in the  trailer park you  live in probaby watch youtube vids of car crashes for fun as well. 

PS - i love playoff hockey and i don't have a problem with consenual non staged fights in nhl either.    

Hopefully your kid never receives a life time brain injury playing hockey... because he had his head down or some loser ran him from behind. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

15 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Tkatchuk won't fight anyway....he's the kind of turtiling rat that will let one of his team mates do his bidding for him while he runs around trying to take guys heads off.

And that behaviour will not be well taken by guys like Monaghan, and Goudreau, who will take extra beauties now too. 

• Like 1

I had no problem with the hits. In context, they were beauties! 

MT did a good job of avoiding head contact while bringing that old-school smack down we all love to see in hockey.

If he Scott Steven'd his a$$ then I think we could all agree that this has no place in the modern game, but hard, aggressive and nasty play like this between two big boys who play a physical brand? I'd way rather see these kinds of hits than dropped gloves and face punching. 

On 1/23/2020 at 11:39 PM, TNucks1 said:

i mean most players are agreeing on on kassians move, wtf parros take a hike, bet its mainly betmanns fault somehow.

Yeah I love the idea of a former plug with twice as many PIMS as games played, and owner of a clothing company called VIOLENT GENTLEMEN being in charge of PLAYER SAFETY.

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2020 at 4:21 PM, reyezone said:

MT did a good job of avoiding head contact while bringing that old-school smack down we all love to see in hockey.

If he Scott Steven'd his a$$ then I think we could all agree that this has no place in the modern game, but hard, aggressive and nasty play like this between two big boys who play a physical brand? I'd way rather see these kinds of hits than dropped gloves and face punching. 

Wouldn't you rather have both?  I would.

IMO, Ka-Puke should answer the bell if he's going to repeatedly rip into big men like Kass.

There is some of the Sweet Science in RIP's hooks to the ribs that put the boots to your pejorative "face punching" comment too.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:21 PM, reyezone said:

The hits looked like the epitome text book charging penalties to me. 

If MT were to run EP like that, there would be people crying for retribution from a charging non call. No question. 

Kassian had a point, as all big, tough players do, that they don’t get calls like that going for them because they are, well, tough enough. 

NHL blew this one. 

Or did they? 

The rematch is the talk of the town. 

Biznezz. 

• Upvote 2